Do You Believe in Ghosts? I have proof they exist

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Poeticas, Jul 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vidiot72

vidiot72 Gretschie

Aug 31, 2009
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Ok, I found this little gem that I sent to a friend a few years ago that asked me. This was literally the first time I told the story to anyone.
    The old house was about 80 years old in downtown Wetumpka, Alabama. After about a year in the house my older kids refused to sleep in the bed in the upstairs room. They said that it would shake and vibrate. I thought they were imagining things until it happened to me. We'd been living there for about 3 years and there was activity for sure. I would regularly walk into the kitchen to find that all the cabinets were open, even when I was the only one home and I KNEW that I didn't leave them open. I had an open cabinet slam in my face one night, light switches would flip off on their own, the TV would shut off or on by itself, doors would open, etc. Well one night the heater was broken so my wife took the kids to her mothers and I had to work the next day so I stayed home and bundled up. Well, I'm in bed....wide awake because I was freezing! The bed started vibrating....I didn't really think too much about it at first but the vibration turned into an all out shake. Mind you, this is a king size tempurpedic bed. It weighs about 300 pounds. The next thing I knew it almost felt like a steam roller or a big rolling pin was in between the mattress and base. It rolled from my head to my feet and back up, literally pushing me up off of the bed. I sat up in bed and pressed on it when it came back up, I was still pretty calm about it, thinking it was some sort of animal or something that had somehow gotten in the house or something but when I pushed on it it pushed back! Scared the hell out of me! I stood up on the bed and said "this is MY house now, leave me and my family alone!" It immediately stopped, the electricity in the room totally changed and believe me, there was a weird charged atmosphere and a high pitched buzz in the room while it was going on. We were there for another 6 months or so and didn't have anything else like that happen.

2. vidiot72

vidiot72 Gretschie

Aug 31, 2009
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Another....
    I've had lots of things happen to me, this is the most recent, in fact it's the last thing that happened to me and it was about 3 years ago. It's pretty long so I'll try and make it short. We had just moved to a new house....the house we moved from was very old and very haunted. It was a fairly common thing to have lights turn off, cabinet doors open and close and beds shake so I was pretty happy to be out of that place. So, I'm laying on the couch watching TV...it was early and I was definitely not tired or sleeping. My wife was on the back porch with a friend and my son was in his bedroom with a friend. Well, Ashton has a bunch of costumes...batman, spiderman, all kind of Star Wars etc, etc. Well I'm laying there with my feet propped up on the arm of the couch when this little cloaked figure walked down the hall and stopped about 2 inches from my feet. I thought it was one of the kids in a costume. It looked just like a Jawa from Star Wars. My son has never owned a Jawa costume...I found that out later. So the little thing stands there for a 15-20 seconds and I'm waiting for it to say something because I'm still thinking it's a kid. Well, like you would do with an annoying kid I did the "what" face with a shoulder shrug and hand wave. It turned and walked around the back of the couch out of site. At that exact moment my wife walked in the door behind me. I asked her which kid was there because she would have walked right into them,....she said there wasn't anybody there. I jumped up and sure enough, nobody was there but her. So, I totally punked a shadow person, ghost thing, whatever it was. If I would have thought it was something other than a kid I would have crapped myself!

3. vidiot72

vidiot72 Gretschie

Aug 31, 2009
    Montgomery, Alabama
    To follow up, I’m not some kook. I’m an educated guy, a veteran, a true skeptic. I don’t put this out there for anyone and only tell people that I trust because, well, it sounds freaking crazy. Every word I said is totally true and it’s not the tip of the proverbial iceberg. I’m just thankful that it’s been 5 years since I’ve had anything else happen.

4. Armygirl

Armygirl Country Gent

Mar 14, 2014
    Edinburgh
    panhead6zero likes this.
  5. Poeticas

Poeticas Electromatic

Jun 24, 2019
    Florida
    woops, can you delete this? Had some problems with my Chrome browser shutting off in the middle of replying to a message and this came up.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  6. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Synchromatic

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Yes, want.... interesting thread, fo sho

7. Poeticas

Poeticas Electromatic

Jun 24, 2019
    Florida
    It 's just what science calls it, 'sleep paralysis' . I call it 'Involuntary Astral Projection'. I think you had a real experience. My next experiment is to prove that our 'selves'(for a lack of a better word) are closest to the Astral Plane when we sleep. I am going to do this by getting a Zoom digital recorder and hit record before I sleep, because this thing happens to me all the time. One time I even did it at wil. I am sure I will capture some EVPs to prove it.

8. Poeticas

Poeticas Electromatic

Jun 24, 2019
    Florida
    Yeah, I didn't think it was going to be this long! :)

Merc likes this.
  9. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Here’s a strange experience I alluded to earlier:

I have a friend who claims to see angels and spirits from time to time. I’m very skeptical of all such claims but have seen enough to know it’s possible.

The topic came up on a slow day at work here in Savannah about how “things and people are in your life for a reason”. We were helping customers intermittently throughout so it wasn’t exactly a linear conversation.

I started telling her about an estranged eccentric uncle of mine who had an “episode” while simultaneously watching Wizard of Oz and playing Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of The Moon :D
    Started seeing golden auras around words in advertisements and place on maps...pretty kooky.
    He had called me up out of the blue one day and asked me to come over. When I arrived he was practically frothing at the mouth and made me sit and watch WOZ while rocking the Floyd...staring at me like a bug under a microscope the whole time.
    He’s 6’4” and I was scanning side-eyed for a weapon to protect myself cuz it was real tense :/
    He was very disappointed that I didn’t experience the same epiphany but seemed to calm down when I reasoned that God speaks to everyone uniquely and individually.
    Before I left my uncle gave me a book to read.

Interwoven with my story, the girl at work also started telling me about an episode she had with a spirit at a bookstore on a vacation in Washington.

I asked her where in Washington?
    She said “Just a little town, you’ve probably never heard of it. Sequim”

I said “No way...that’s where my uncle lives now.”

She said she was in the little bookstore and felt someone tap on her shoulder; turned around to find nobody there...then a book fell off the bookshelf at her feet.

I asked her what book and she said “Ted Andrews, Animal Speak”

Exact same book my uncle gave me.

Poeticas likes this.
  10. aiabx

aiabx Electromatic

Nov 7, 2018
    Toronto
    I was talking to a fellow astronomer about UFOs a while back, and he had this anecdote to tell - the observatory where he was working got a number of calls one night about a UFO people were observing. The details reported were quite incredible... bands of flashing lights around the rim of a flying saucer, alien words in lights and humanoid figures looking out the windows. He checked out the reported location and found the planet Venus, fairly low to the horizon so the atmosphere was causing twinkling and distortion. It seems that when people are observing something they find unfamiliar, their imaginations fill in a lot of detail that just doesn't exist.

Skeptics might also want to consider the research into infrasound as a source of ghost reports:
    https://curiosity.com/topics/got-a-ghost-problem-it-might-just-be-infrasound-curiosity/

Henry likes this.
  11. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Things like ghosts, spirits, aliens, angels, honest politicians, Sasquatch, Yetis, essential oils, faith healers, crystals and so on, I take with a grain of salt. Some of them I have to take with a block of salt. If there's no verifiable scientific proof (that can be duplicated or shown to be true) then it's a matter of faith/belief. Your belief is just that---a belief. Just don't expect or require me to share in it.

12. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Okay.

13. OK this thread is now ready for some old (or not so old, modern) Twilight Zones . . .

No ?
    OK. then Demi Moore and Patrick Swazye . . . in

"Ghost" Trailer (1990)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  14. Poeticas

Poeticas Electromatic

Jun 24, 2019
    Florida
    I have a unique real life story too:

My dad was suffering from cancer and while he was in pain he kept saying "Where's my angel with the blue eyes? Where's my angel with the blue eyes?". I didn't know who he was talking about because my mom is Asian and definitely doesn't have blue eyes. I thought maybe he was talking about an ex girlfriend.

When we finally had to send him to hospice, he died two days later. The last person to see him alive was this nurse. I looked at her eyes: they were blue. And then I looked at her name tag, and it said "Angel".

Did my dad have a premonition when he was finally going to expire?

Merc, Ricochet and blueruins like this.
  15. Poeticas

Poeticas Electromatic

Jun 24, 2019
    Florida
    I know some of you guys are skeptical, I don't blame you. But how do you explain the EVPs I got (I uploaded one on my original post)? Also, a human being can not make a vocal sound under 300 hertz- it's an impossibility, yet some of the voices I captured that night were under 300 hertz.

16. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Do you believe in never ending threads? I do now...:D

mschafft, T Bone and Armygirl like this.
  17. Poeticas

Poeticas Electromatic

Jun 24, 2019
    Florida
    Man, you had some serious encounters. It seems like spirits have been following you for a while. Did you have any other weird things happening to you? I've had them all my life - I am not going to describe every encounter I've had here because it would be at least 20 pages long. To this day I still have to sleep with my bedroom lamp on since 2006 because for some reason when it's dark, things start happening and I get all scared.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Armygirl likes this.
  18. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Not happy about ghosts but well-disposed towards spirits!
    wine and spirits.jpg

19. mschafft

mschafft Gretschie

Jan 19, 2017
    Switzerland
    "Conscience doth make cowards of us all." - Hamlet

Jelly Roll Horton likes this.
  20. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Before you call Ghostbusters™, check the basement for squatters

mschafft likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice