Digital space echo

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Parttime, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Srellim1

Srellim1 Synchromatic

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Edit - @nickurso -that should have read ‘a no-nonsense rundown’!
    So sorry about that.

T Bone, nickurso and Bertotti like this.
  2. Lost Shark

Lost Shark Electromatic

Oct 10, 2017
    Central NC
    Great pedal. The delay is killer and the preamp has been an “always on” effect since I got mine. I don’t think you would regret getting one.

Merc likes this.
  3. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    No worries I speak fluent typo and auto correct

Alberta_Slim and Srellim1 like this.
  4. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    There’s an internal dipswitch that keeps it from overdriving the echo side. At least that worked for mine. I don’t have mine on my live board anymore only because I need a delay with tap tempo but I have an Atomic Brain.

Bertotti likes this.
  5. JCW513

JCW513 Electromatic

Sep 21, 2017
    Boston
    They are amazing.

6. Srellim1

Srellim1 Synchromatic

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    This is actually a very good point. The internal treble cut switch eliminates that ‘issue’ if you need it. I like it as is for filtertons and humbuckers but find that it really helps to round out the sound when using single coils (Jaguar).

7. MartyT

MartyT Gretschie

Apr 8, 2010
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Mmmm........I'm a notorious non-pedal guy. But now you've got me thinking.........

8. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Yep, I actually wish that switch was a small toggle on the outside. I like to switch between my BJP and Strat.

Srellim1 likes this.
  9. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Gretschie

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
    I tried the dipswitch but it cut the highs too much.

Andy Fortune likes this.
  10. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
  11. Gretschmen65

Gretschmen65 Synchromatic

May 20, 2016
    Australia
    I can't speak for the "mystery brain" but it gets a lot of love on this forum.

I would like to own one but, over the years I have had a number of pedals go faulty on me. A Wampler Ego, a Virtual sound H2O and a couple of other less significant items.

The sheer number of things in the one box keeps me from buying. I have no idea how it would be repaired in this little part of the world or who would do it. And my whole board would be in it.:(

12. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    They are built like tanks and you can always send it back to Tavo for a repair. That’s one of the differences with dealing with the Nocturne Brain is they are accessible

Bertotti likes this.
  13. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Tavo has always been easy to deal with but I can see this being an issue for someone not in the North American continent. That said you don’t see complaints of failed pedals. Statistically it will happen, components fail just how it it, but I also don’t believe he uses to much that is inaccessible. Not counting some of his NOS items. I can’t remember anyone ever complaining about a failed pedal.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    nickurso likes this.
  14. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

I have many Nocturne pedals that I gig regularly.......many times every week out in the world being transported and used. I have never had one single solitary issue with any of them. However, if I DID I know I could just call Tavo up and get it fixed.

I fully believe you would REALLY enjoy a Mystery Brain. I can in good faith recommend them to any/everyone. Whatever level of satisfaction you have currently with your tone/signal chain.....a MBrain WILL make it even better. Puts a huge smile on my face every time I turn on my rig.......sometimes I turn it OFF just so I can turn it back ON again and remember how lucky I am. :)

Merc likes this.
  15. Gretschmen65

May 20, 2016
    Australia
    You ever have a look at the cost of shipping to and from Australia to the USA?

nickurso likes this.
  16. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    No

17. Parttime

Parttime Electromatic

Dec 6, 2018
    Texas
    I have done some shipping to Australia.
    You’re looking at about $60 USPS with no insurance once it leaves US customs.
    FedEx and UPS can guarantee delivery but it could cost twice as much.

Gretschmen65 likes this.
  18. Gretschmen65

May 20, 2016
    Australia
    Thanks Parttime,

The point I was making is that return to the manufacturer for repairs is not an option. Thanks for confirming it.

Parttime and audept like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice