Digital space echo

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Parttime, Jan 8, 2019.

1. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Here is the link to the website for the info

https://www.thenocturnebrain.com/products/the-atomic-brain-mini

Parttime likes this.
  2. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Lol.

3. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Gretschie

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
    I like the Brain and Abby side. the Echo is ok, I don't care for the way it distorts if you overdrive it/ go beyond unity, it will echo with a monotone buzz. The primary note will be clean, but the echoes will be fuzzy.

Parttime likes this.
  4. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Warning! Danger Wil Robinson Danger! @nickurso is the main reason I have all the Nocturne pedals I have. His videos will suck you in and there is little to no help after that! Tavo's videos are equally as DANGEROUS! Yes, I yelled that. But thanks Tavo and Nick love the stuff but the temptation is damnable! I follow both on youtube and by the grace of God and some gear selling and odd jobs I will save for a Moonshine.

Parttime and nickurso like this.
  5. Misty Mountain Hop

Misty Mountain Hop Electromatic

Feb 14, 2012
    Washington
    Mine will never leave my board!

Parttime likes this.
  6. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    You're asking for preaching from the choir. Yes, it is great.

Parttime likes this.
  7. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    2D73BA6C-B273-4423-90D4-6AD5256E4A38.jpeg
    Moonshine

8. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I have too ask, what are you looking for from this pedal? Go to the site listen to demos ask questions here to be sure it is going to give what you want.

Parttime and Merc like this.
  9. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Beautiful, imagine if it was house like an old Gretsch amp! That would be great! I thought you would have the Mystery Brain on top for this thread though! Hahaha thanks for putting up great sound demos and vids and reviews!

10. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I agree my videos do s*ck

11. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

I totally disagree! I think they're great. Hey are you playing in the NOLA area this weekend? In town for a couple weeks and would love to come see you play!

Back to the thread, I just got a Mystery Brain in November. Had precious little time to play since getting it, but like what I've heard of it so far!

12. Srellim1

Srellim1 Synchromatic

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    The problem with a Nick Urso video is that it usually starts out with an apology for the angle of the phone or whatever then you get 7 minutes of this guy giving you a nonsense rundown while effortlessly playing Chicago blues at a level you’ll (ok, I’ll) never quite be able to reach.:)

He’s sold me a few Nocturne pedals and a Strymon Deco.

Merc, Parttime and nickurso like this.
  13. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    No our singer is out of town till February

T Bone likes this.
  14. Merc

Merc Gretschie

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Though not cheep per say, not unreasonable at all considering Tavo’s quality, built in the US, and your getting more than one type of pedal in that box. It’s the whole package.

I can’t speak for his delay yet, but I have the Atomic Brain which are the other two stompers on the right side. In all out honesty, it’s more than just a pre-amp in sound but it’s sort of hard to capture watching a clip on a laptop or phone that was likely recorded on a phone. You just have to hear it in person to capture the magic. Lately I’ve started selling pedals after asking myself a question... if this pedal was broken, would I buy it again. The Atomic Brain is the one pedal I absolutely 100% immediately would.

I guess the question of is it worth the investment comes down to what you need it to do. Pre-amp (Atomic Brain), or pre-amp with delay (Mystery Brain). Nocturne also has another pre-amp called the JR Barnyard with a different sound character/vibe. And from reviews he’s recently matched it perfectly with a Reverb as one unit called the El Pescadoro.

Parttime and thunder58 like this.
  15. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Not only is Bill Mumy ( Will Robinson ) a great guitar player , he's also a big fan of Gretsch . Check out some of his You Tube vids . In all honesty , it would not surprise me if he's a member here under a different name

Alberta_Slim and Bertotti like this.
  16. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I did not know that! But being a Gretsch fan why wouldn’t he be here!
    I wonder if he has any Nocturne pedals and what he thinks of them but then again perhaps we already know! Heck it is amazing the people that we chat with and never know who they are. A guy on another website helped me quite a bit for a couple years before that site owner and I crossed swords and I got banned. I found out after the fact who he was. I couldn’t believe that a pro of his caliber would ever help me! Always appreciated it. Incognito or not thanks to everyone!

OP this is so much more then an echo. The echo part is just icing on the cake. But if I was searching for an echo, and I never have been, I don’t know if this would have hit my radar. I don’t know dinky about echo. Ask a lot of questions these guys will fill you in truthfully.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Parttime and thunder58 like this.
  17. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    You know what I meant I’m sure. Generally very helpful in fueling my gear grabbing and also furring up my desire to play better! Thanks

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  18. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Now that I think about it .. I wonder if Randy Bachman ( from BTO ) is on the forum too . Another big fan of Gretsch

Alberta_Slim and Bertotti like this.
  19. Parttime

Parttime Electromatic

Dec 6, 2018
    Texas
    The picture is from the Nocturne website.
    I was pretty much sold on it already but I have no doubt now it will be my next investment. Thank you for all the input.

Merc likes this.
  20. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

You will love it. It will become the heart of your tone.