DeLisle Standard

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by brsmith21, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Sarah93003

Sarah93003 Friend of Fred

Django Reinhardt was amazing!

2. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    Christmas is over. Time to get back to work.

Here's a shot of the fitted neck joint.

[​IMG]

3. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    Here's a shot of the front. The provision for the Electrosocket jack is finished and the edges have been radiused.

[​IMG]

4. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    And here's the back...showing the tummy contour and the rosewood heel cap. Still need to do a little more shaping on the heel and some final sanding before finishing.

[​IMG]

5. lefthand58

lefthand58 Newbie

Oct 23, 2009
    japan
    wow!! this is really beautiful!!

6. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks, lefthand58 and Big Burly :)

You sent me googlin' for photos when you mentioned Supro. That's the one I found, too :) I drew from a few sources for inspiration--one of which was my wife. She suggested that the headstock design mimic the upper bout / cutaway.

7. Spike Strider

Spike Strider Gretschie

Dec 28, 2009
    N Idaho
    Nice Build. I love the grain in the body... How are you going to finish it?

8. OpenMike1963

OpenMike1963 Country Gent

Mar 30, 2009
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Makes me wish I had a shop, but not in a tiny 1-bedroom apartment. It's fun to watch, though.

9. Telefan

Telefan Synchromatic

Jun 2, 2008
    Louisville
  10. old fella

old fella Gretschie

Dec 11, 2009
    uk
    These guitars are probably one of the best kept secrets . They certainly match or better far higher priced guitars coming out of the Fender Custom shop. I really really love Teles but why have an upper end tele when you can have one of these! (with a custom set of BG pups?). One day this will be my last guitar to complement my 2 Gretschs. Ok I only have one at the moment but plans for the purchase of the next one are firmly formulated.

11. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    Thank you, sir. Bryan chose yellow stain. I emailed a sample photo this afternoon to see how clear/opaque he wants to go on the finish. The stain by itself will leave streaks of other colors visible. The other option would be to do a translucent finish where we would tint the lacquer to make the color more uniform--similar to a Fender blonde.

Thanks, Mike. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Thank you!

We're working hard to our name out there, and I'm humbled by your kind remarks. They are very much appreciated.

The pickups in this particular guitar will be TV Jones P90s. Mr. Jones' company has been very gracious toward us...and they also make very fine pickups :) They are my first choice, but we can provide pickups from other winders upon request.

12. brsmith21

brsmith21 Electromatic

Jul 24, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    I figured that I had the Filtertron sound covered with the TV Classics in my 6118, and Dynas in my Jet (will probably change to TV's when they come out), so this one is going to be my p90 guitar. Now that it's getting close, I'm really getting excited.:)

13. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    Made some progress on Byran's guitar this week.

The neck is finally glued in, and the fretboard has been properly radiused. The frets are installed, but still require beveling, leveling, etc. One coat of stain was applied, which will be sanded off prior to a second coat. I couldn't resist putting the hardware in place to see where it's headed.

Once the second coat of stain is applied, we'll move on to grain filler.

[​IMG]

14. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    Man, that is looking sweet. And with all that coolness, it's got the V-neck, too, right?

15. brsmith21

brsmith21 Electromatic

Jul 24, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    Alas, no. I debated long and hard on neck profile and went with a med-full C shape.

16. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    Hangin' out in the spray booth...

[​IMG]

17. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    We're spraying a couple coats of sealer before filling the grain.

[​IMG]

18. mikante

mikante Country Gent

Aug 11, 2009
    italy
    poor guitar hanging like that...

19. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, almost looks like a side of beef, but it's horizontal now :)