de Lisle Quadralux Reverb Demo (Princeton Reverb,5e3,5F11 in One Amp)

Discussion in 'Commercial Sellers, Dealers and Manufacturers' started by mugsy, Jun 11, 2019.

1. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    In stock now at delisleguitar.com

Originally developed in 2014 as one-off, this truly unique de Lisle design offers four amps in one; tweed 5E3 Deluxe, tweed 5F11 Vibrolux, Princeton Reverb and a variation of our Rutgers Reverb.

The Quadralux is immensely versatile and captures the best of the 50s and 60s Fullerton sound. Flip the front panel channel switch to “Tweed” with the bias switch on “Cathode,” and you’ll be rockin’ a tweed Deluxe. For a little less compression and more bark, move the bias switch over to “Fixed.” Then, kick on the tremolo to revisit the tweed Vibrolux.
    [​IMG]

To jump to that classic 60s blackface sound, flick the channel switch to “Normal.” This will engage the tube-driven spring reverb, negative feedback circuit and the bass and treble controls. A good number of our Rutgers Reverb amps are cathode biased. For that flavor, toggle back to “Cathode” biasing.

[​IMG]

Loaded with Mercury Magnetics transformers, the Quadralux puts out 12-15 watts and is housed in a lightweight pine cabinet to make it the perfect combination of power and portability for stage or studio. In its combo form, the Quadralux is paired with a Weber 12″ Alnico Blue Dog, which is already broken-in so it sounds great right out of the box.

The Quadralux is expertly hand-wired using the finest components and durable turret board construction. And like every de Lisle made product, it’s covered by our life-time warranty.

Full specs at delisleguitar.com.

ishtar likes this.
  2. Man. You read my mind, mugs. I’m thinking of left room gut pairing with my double nickel and... been considering putting a Princeton Reverb on the other end of the room. I did pair the deLisle with a deluxe Reverb and also with a Gretsch playboy. Both were nice, but a Princeton is what I narrowed down to be next amp must be. Right now, the Double Nickel is paired with a Marshall Acoustic Soloist AS80R that is okay for amplifying my acoustic, and has a option button for electric guitar on one channel. Cool, but not the niche filler. Now deLisle’s making a cool Princeton type thing! Cool, and sounds like it would be excellent for my noise in stereo purposes! But, my gear savings account is a ways away from any purchases like these.

Just thinkin’.

Jer, I kinda thought the double nickel was deLisle’s PR!?! But this is crazy versatile!

All the best

3. ‘Left room gut pairing’ is autospell correct run amuck and my atrophying proofreading skills just not doing the one thing they were supposed to do and failed... I read it after posting and just thought I’d leave it as isand you folks might be able to decipher what I was trying to say.

I believe auto spell correct is getting more aggressive and sometimes malicious.

Okay.

Thanks and sorry and peace.

4. swivel

swivel Synchromatic

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    Cool, thought about building a 5E3 in tandom with a 6L6 or 6V6 fender amp in a Twin chassis many times. 5E3 just for leads, no overdrive needed! But gotta be a footswitch! ... or maybe a "Pan" pedal.

ishtar likes this.
  5. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Looks very interesting. Like the weight at 34 lbs. What's clean head room like?

ishtar likes this.
  6. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey, Greg! Thanks for the interest!

The Double Nickel is its own thing. I designed it from the ground up, and yours is still most feature rich (complicated!) one out there :) The closest thing I did before the Quadralux would be the Rutgers Reverb. It's a hybrid of the Deluxe and Princeton.

ishtar likes this.
  7. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks! It puts about about 15W in fixed bias blaceface mode. The Weber is a 12" and pretty efficient, so it will be a good bit louder than a typical 10" Princeton with a Jensen C10R, which is only rated at 93.6 dB. For example, let's say the Weber is rated at 100dB and the we'll round the C10R up to 94db. To make the C10R deliver the same SPL as the Weber, it would need to be driven by about 60W.

Henry and ishtar like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice