dBridge version 2 - now available!

Discussion in 'Commercial Sellers, Dealers and Manufacturers' started by Dave-B, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Dave-B

Dave-B Synchromatic

May 23, 2016
    Scotland
    I'm happy to report that dBridge solid bar bridges are available again - with an elegant new design :)

P7210017.JPG

P7210019.JPG

String slots are now precision machined, rather than slotted by hand:

P7210032.JPG

Here's the aluminium model on my 6118 Annie:

P7210035.JPG
    P7210042.JPG

Standard dBridges are available from stock, with a universal compensated saddle pattern offering improved intonation over non-compensated solid bar bridges.

The standard dBridge has an E-E string spacing of 2" and post spacing of 2.9" (73.66mm). Just choose:
    • desired radius (9.5" or 12").
    • post hole size (4mm or 6mm).
    • material (brass or aluminium).
    • compensation for wound or unwound G.
    • lefty or righty.
    Special introductory offer for GT members - get a standard dBridge for UK £65 (plus £10 international postage if applicable). Jut send me a PM with your requirements, or email dave@db-guitars.com

Every dBridge is made by me in my Glasgow workshop. Fully custom dBridges (build to your exact spec, including saddle positions cloned from your own TOM bridge) are available to order for an additional cost. Please contact me for further information.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  2. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Congrats, looking sharp!

Dave-B likes this.
  3. Lionpotato

Lionpotato Gretschie

Oct 10, 2018
    Upland
  4. musicman100

musicman100 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2008
    England
    its been a while,
    So what’s the benefits with the evolution?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Manny 86 likes this.
  5. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    They look fantastic!

Dave-B likes this.
  6. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Great news, Dave! Is the compensation on the standard bridge engineered for plain or wound-G ? Any possibility of special order Titanium?

Manny 86 and Dave-B like this.
  7. Dave-B

Dave-B Synchromatic

May 23, 2016
    Scotland
    The standard bridge is available for both plain and wound G.
    Not at the moment, sorry.

audept likes this.
  8. Dave-B

Dave-B Synchromatic

May 23, 2016
    Scotland
    Also forgot to mention, left-handed standard bridges can be built to order at no extra cost.

9. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    These are some of THE best bridges on the market. I’m ecstatic they are available again!

Dave-B and Stefan like this.
  10. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Great news! Looks good! I've been waiting for ya to come back up, I need a bridge for my 9.45" radius:confused: Guild ...

11. Manny 86

Manny 86 Electromatic

Jun 3, 2019
    Italy, Piedmont
    Uh-uh I'm waiting for a true-arc for my beloved but after this vision I can't resist buying this right away.:)

audept likes this.
  12. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Do.It!

13. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    That is very tempting. I think I paid 40 bucks for my first Compton but prices have steadily increased. Add shipping and import tax/vat/custom doodies and it simply has stopped being fun to order anything from the US.

14. DennisC

DennisC Gretschie

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    Cool!

As I needed a bridge last year ... 2 of the 3 were out of business at that moment. No I still have to try out a compton and a dBridge.

They look somehow ... cool, of course, but also a bit ... dental. dentalBridge? :eek:

:D

15. Dave-B

Dave-B Synchromatic

May 23, 2016
    Scotland
    Thanks Tony :)

16. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    Apologies to me if I sound rude or ignit, but what are the pros/cons of these over the compton?
    I currently have 3 comptons on my 3 gretsch guitars.
    How does that saddle pattern improve the bridge?

17. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

It’s compensated and therefore allows for proper intonation so your guitar plays in tune all the way up the neck.

18. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    Right, but so is the Compton. So, i mean, its a slab of metal that is compensated. Do those cut out saddle patterns add anything to it?

19. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    Take a look at the very first picture. The Compton bridge offers a straight line from low E to high E. This one offers a variating curve, doesn't it? Kind of a "second level"compensation - or a third level even, compared to the TruArc SerpenTune bridges.

What I do not understand, pardon my stupidity: what is a "standard" DBridge? More or less the same as the TruArc SerpenTune, just made in Europe?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  20. Dave-B

Dave-B Synchromatic

May 23, 2016
    Scotland
    Originally, every dBridge was a custom order, with saddle positions copied from a properly intonated TOM bridge from the customer's guitar. This technique gives very accurate intonation from a solid bridge. It's still available as an option to anyone who wants that level of accuracy.

The "standard" dBridge has a generic compensation curve, with better intonation than a basic straight bar bridge, at a better price point.

Waxhead likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice