CS Duo Jet Color, Yay or Nay?!

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by RocknRollShakeUp, May 13, 2019 at 8:09 PM.

1. latetotheparty

latetotheparty Electromatic

Mar 18, 2018
    Omaha
    The color is lovely

RocknRollShakeUp likes this.
  2. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I think it’s a nice touch possibly inspired by ‘50s builds when it was common to use Brazilian rosewood. Cites is not much of a consideration since this one will disappear into a collection/storage room.

3. new6659

new6659 Gretschie

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    Get some Polystrippa, clean that up - then spray it black!

4. Filtertronico

Filtertronico Gretschie

Aug 26, 2014
    Germany
    Well, I bought a 1962 Annie with Brazilian Rosewood from the USA...had no problems with Customs over here in Germany, the seller had a Cites Certificate...

5. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    Its pretty, but the headstock doesn't match the body, its relic-ed, and has Dynasonics. I'd say nay.

6. Wozob

Wozob Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    The Netherlands
    I do like the colour, but not in this two tone scheme.

7. RocknRollShakeUp

RocknRollShakeUp Gretschie

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    Good Points. Yeah this has collection room guitar written all over it...out of everything about it this dissuades me the most in a way..well that and the price.
    Well my heavy gigging days are over and the chances of me gigging it overseas, if I buy it, are nil!
    But that begs the question, do you have to have a CITES certification when you gig a BR overseas?

Last edited: May 14, 2019 at 11:48 AM
  8. RocknRollShakeUp

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    I could just overspray right over it like the Fender custom colors were done!

new6659 likes this.
  9. RocknRollShakeUp

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    Good to know!

10. RocknRollShakeUp

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    This is what a part of my brain is telling me :eek::D I definitely need to clarify what kind of DynaSonics it has. If they are Factory Gretsch, than Nay for me too, but I suspect they are SD’s. Also all the CS Duo Jets I’ve found thus far are relic’ed. I like the light relics, but not the heavy ones.

11. RocknRollShakeUp

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    Well the big day is here.
    We’ll see how I like it. Most importantly, I’ll finally get to play a CS Gretsch.
    Of course another option is to order one which risks getting an expensive dud, and waiting 6 months, but it would be cheaper as I’d option it, and it would be exactly how I want it.
    Many thanks for all of the input my Gretsch Friends, it has helped clarify my swirling thoughts :confused::D

new6659 likes this.
  12. Floo

Floo Country Gent

Dec 16, 2012
    Elmshorn, Germany
    Is that colour called "dark man-salmon"?

13. Merc

Merc Synchromatic

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I think it looks good but not something I’d buy. Priced too high in my opinion as well as others. We are all in different financial standings and you could be loaded for all I know. If so and you dig it, all the power too you. Either way, enjoy the play with it today!

Unless you absolutely love, it might be cool to get a CS exactly how you want. My only thing is I’ve became more selective with neck shapes lately. You might not know exactly how a CS neck would feel until afterwards.

It does make me wonder as I’ve heard guitars sometimes sell 1/3 off MSRP. Does that apply to Custom Shops as well?

14. RocknRollShakeUp

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    Teehee
    Well it does come with a bitchin’ man satchel!

Floo likes this.
  15. RocknRollShakeUp

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    Good advice. And regarding MSRP, I’m about to find out! I can tell you that another shop quoted me a price almost $600 off a CS that had an MSRP of a bit over 5K so nowhere 1/3 off, but I think there is room to maneuver a bit.

I’m actually leaning toward Nay, unless it totally blows me away. We shall see!

16. section2

section2 Synchromatic

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    I like the look. My only advice: if you have to think about it, then it's worth asking whether you love it enough to buy it--especially since this colour might be harder to sell if you have second thoughts down the line. If it were me, I wouldn't spend CS money on a guitar that I didn't madly love.

17. RocknRollShakeUp

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    I totally agree, great advice.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice