Couples photo lol...

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Parttime, Feb 29, 2020.

1. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    I know what you're saying. 17" bouts are big guitars, especially with a long scale neck. Sometimes they just feel too big! Lol

My Gent is safe, but there are times when I give the thought of cutting the Phoenix loose.

2. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Yeah, I love the deep sonorous tones, love the looks, but my shoulders can’t do it anymore. Even playing a Tele makes we want to weep at the moment.
    The Phoenix is one of the prettiest and qualitative best builds I own, I’ll be sorry to see her go. :(

G5422T and audept like this.
  3. Penguin

Penguin Country Gent

Nov 20, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
  4. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Couple of Fender Roadworn Stratocasters.

20200322_114738.jpg

thunder58, Gancho, audept and 6 others like this.
  5. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    Mmhhhh... your special Jet reminds me how much I need one of those new Streamliners Junior Jet where to put a couple of Dynas I own.. your color is way better though :)

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  6. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    My ideal guitar is a thin-bodied, 17” archtop. My G6122-1959 is ideal. I also have a Guild T-400 which is a carved top 17” archtop with 2” depth. Once again, I consider this ideal. But for everyday playing, I am much more inclined to grab a 16” guitar. My G6120-1962 (6120 DC) feels great in my hands, is a very comfortable size and plays tremendously.

G5422T and Ricochet like this.
  7. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Tried one of the Junior Jets out a couple months ago & it seemed to have a good deal of potential. Surprisingly beefy neck on it IIRC & I kinda liked the trans brown finish on it. I was tempted for a bit but I'm pretty set on the slab Jets between the red Special & burst Club I overhauled w/ some Slick 90 Jr. pickups.

stiv likes this.
  8. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I really like the Wilshire/Coronet/Crestwood type vibe of Mr. Ketchup's guard. Mean Mr. Mustard is awesome of course, too ;)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020 at 4:19 PM
  9. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Over the years, I started liking the thinner body depths of some of the 16" and 17" Gretsches too.

Just more comfortable to play overall as I aged.

Then I figured it out. Standing or sitting, the 2 3/4" depth bodies felt like I was reaching around another person. That person was me, and my "matured" belly was the other person! Lol

In the last 7 months, I've lost over 60 lbs. Those deep bodied guitars feel normal again, and so do I.

I still like the feel of a thinner body on a 16" or 17" guitar, but I don't really think about it much now, except for still wanting a 6119-62VS. Lol

new6659 and mbkri like this.
  10. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
  11. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
  12. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    C06C9F3B-76AB-4EB2-B8BD-94653C51A011.jpeg
    i cant remember if i posted these before. But I think tomorrow is going to be a 6120 kind of day

13. Stefan87

Stefan87 Gretschie

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Cool sisters you have there, the Billy bo's are something that has sparked my interest as off late, really cool looking things.

G5422T likes this.
  14. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    It’s a unique one. Sold the HiLos to Dr. Milktruck and installed Supertrons.

G5422T likes this.
  15. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
  16. LivCo

LivCo Electromatic

Sep 10, 2015
    Chicago
    Half twins, half Billy Bo NGD.

Attached Files:

JC higgy, T Bone, new6659 and 3 others like this.
  17. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Congrats on both new and old, really nice!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice