Comparing Different Versions of Walk Don't Run

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by drmilktruck, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Dennison

Dennison Country Gent

Jul 17, 2011
    Kent, UK
    The Ventures did pretty well out off jazz tunes. In the UK their next two singles were Perfidia and Lullaby Of The Leaves. I liked all three but then sort of lost interest, apart from No Trespassing and Ram Bunk Shush.

drmilktruck likes this.
  2. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
  3. rob batz

rob batz Synchromatic

Apr 17, 2014
    Bristol ct.
    I have a old JFA deck at my moms house !!

BorderRadio likes this.
  4. somebodyelseuk

somebodyelseuk Country Gent

Jan 22, 2013
    Birmingham, UK
    This thread got me thinking...
    IMO, the last albums the Shadows did that were worth listening to were the ones they did with John Farrar in the '70s.
    Just wondering if any of the Aussies know what he's been up to since? I know he produced most of Olivia Newton John's stuff, but can't find any other info.

drmilktruck likes this.
  5. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    As far as I knew he was living in LA doing songwriting and arranging. Great musician.

6. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I liked Herb Alpert’s version. I don’t recall ever hearing that before. It was probably Tommy Tedesco on guitar; but I surmise that based upon the the fact that Tedesco was the first-call guitarist at the time and Herb Alpert was on top, so he could have afforded to hold our for the top guy.

radd likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice