Come on Gretschies...Buy Some Gear!!!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by blueruins, Mar 21, 2020.

1. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Hubba hubba!

CatTones likes this.
  2. Pcampbell

Pcampbell Electromatic

Feb 26, 2017
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Not as exciting as a new guitar, but I got new Hipshot locking tuners yesterday and put them on my Pro Jet. Pics (it did happen).

First, the stock tuners:

IMG_0405.jpg

Next, the supplies:

IMG_0410 (3).jpg

Finally, the finished product, with new strings on (and what a quick string change it was):

IMG_0417.jpg

3. Stefan87

Stefan87 Gretschie

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    I'm done for awhile now I think, that could change at any minute though, another amp will more then likely be my next purchase if I do get anything new.

blueruins likes this.
  4. I have been looking around for a while now. As usual, i have cash from some previous sales. But when i have cash i am reluctant to spend it, but when i don’t have cash, I’m quick on the draw. Go figure. Over the past two weeks i gassed for a g5034tft , another guild, a 60’s thin line double pickup hollow body, a octave mandolin, and assorted other pieces. No trigger pulls though.

blueruins likes this.
  5. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Right now I’m just enjoying the new build, and waiting to see how crazy this world gets.

It’s a great time to create and write SONGS.

6. montereyjack66

montereyjack66 Country Gent

Feb 29, 2012
    LA-ish
    I've done my bit to shore up the economy. Hopefully it will be here on Tuesday.

blueruins likes this.
  7. MrMajstyk

MrMajstyk Gretschie

Dec 3, 2011
    los angeles
    C24B7D33-6BB9-466B-8B01-7D77DBC83F92.jpeg

dougmon, blueruins and thunder58 like this.
  8. MrMajstyk

MrMajstyk Gretschie

Dec 3, 2011
    los angeles
    The original, first-gen Quilter MP200 8” w/ 12” ext cab, Fishman aura spectrum d.i./ acoustic guitar preamp, Line 6 M-9 stomp box modeler, Quilter assignable 2-button foot pedal, and an Earthquaker Ghost Echo.

blueruins likes this.
  9. MrMajstyk

MrMajstyk Gretschie

Dec 3, 2011
    los angeles
    Sorry , just realized the pic is kinda fuzzy!
    Here's a stock pic:

73283B00-E9B6-4154-BED1-C946E6302BBA.jpeg

thunder58 likes this.
  10. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Awesome pedal ( got one myself )

drmilktruck, Bertotti and blueruins like this.
  11. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Oh you bet it does :)

Gregor and blueruins like this.
  12. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    oh ......em......gee ... that's beautiful . I still wish Gretsch would make an Electromatic version for us poor folk

Bertotti and blueruins like this.
  13. dougmon

dougmon Gretschie

Jan 9, 2013
    California
    Thanks! I first heard of Quilter when I watched a demo by Tommy Harkenrider, and it sounded great. Seriously thinking of getting one when I start playing out again.

14. montereyjack66

montereyjack66 Country Gent

Feb 29, 2012
    LA-ish
    AMEN!

15. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I'm practicing guitar and mandolin, maybe I can get past basic beginner now? And painting and making moldings for my house. Schools just got called off until May 1st so I am also with them a lot and driving them nuts about keeping their online homework caught up. I have a thread about the SA Spectrum and the Tonewoodamp so @blueruins can pick on me a bit. Doggone Power Station 2 is back-ordered originally until March 9 then April 10 now it looks like their website says April 16th! I sure hope mines before that!

blueruins and TSims1 like this.
  16. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    I was all set to buy some new stuff until Corona wiped out all of my jobs so now I'm in a holding pattern for time being. I did manage to buy a Jazzmaster last month and tonight I bought a cool new drum processing plugin for the studio. It's called Transgressor 2 and it's awesome. That's all I've got for now. Still in search for toilet paper and water.

17. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Yep and mixing them too.

TSims1 likes this.
  18. Dennison

Dennison Country Gent

Jul 17, 2011
    Kent, UK
    The last thing I need to do right now is finding the cash for another guitar, so I'm thinking about selling something and making an offer for this -- two Gibson dog ears (I don't mind losing the Dearmonds) and a sparkly top. C'mon, what's not to likè? The trouble is, we're all under virtual house arrest over here.

20190413_021837.jpg

19. BFTmarshall

BFTmarshall Gretschie

Jan 12, 2020
    York
    This XD popped in yesterday..do NOT run the line out into a Supro Black Magick....the semi scooped Fender & very mid forward BM ..how amazing they sounded together. Its hard to go back to a single amp after it. Have some amps..this might have been the best pure sound have experienced. The Supro records so well.

xd Supro.jpg

LivingMyDream likes this.
  20. Many of these are available (beg your pardon, David) and I’ll be building adds for reverb dot com in the coming days

holler if anything trips your trigger

the Jade Penguin has moved on...sorry Bert

A1DAC544-66D7-4FDD-A4B3-03C2795C170B.jpeg 9BE9C6C5-AF8E-412D-8A47-F720C9946A7C.jpeg B9B9461A-2F2B-42B6-80AA-CA9FABDD75BA.jpeg FCE5A021-616C-4CE7-8D89-B1F07BEC86D5.jpeg

new6659, Stefan87, db62 and 1 other person like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice