Come on Gretschies...Buy Some Gear!!!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by blueruins, Mar 21, 2020.

1. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I’m waiting!

I keep dropping in to see some new guitars but seems like we’re slowing down.

I need to see some gear folks...let’s get this done. I can’t afford any myself so I’m living vicariously through you.

Meow!

2. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Dont look at me. Im DONE!

loudnlousy, G5422T, blueruins and 4 others like this.
  3. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I have some pedals listed at bargain prices given the exchange rate... how about a NPD for you?

blueruins and Merc like this.
  4. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    I maybe able to help if I get an ounce of free time to post it. Nothing crazy but new stuff none the less. Stay tuned!

blueruins likes this.
  5. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    It seems a bit slow around here overall to me. Maybe it’s simply the season and time of year. Or the Covid-19 thing.

I’ll have two pedals within the next few months. That’s all I’ll say on that note until they’re in hand. :)

blueruins and pmac11 like this.
  6. dougmon

dougmon Gretschie

Jan 9, 2013
    California
    I got a new pedal power supply that I posted about. Does that help?

And...if the mail keeps going, and I can pick up a box from where I had it sent...I might have some new gear soon. Watch this space. (Well, not literally this space, but you know what I mean, right?)

blueruins, Merc and pmac11 like this.
  7. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    We’ve planned building a house for the last 10 years, and after some setbacks it finally seems to happen.
    Unfortunately the last estimate was from 3 years ago and prices have doubled since then. I haven’t really worked in 10 years and basically have eaten all savings.
    The budget I had reserved for the build has stayed the same, so we’re coming up short. The builder said for my budget he could leave the walls and floors bare concrete...
    That means most of my gear has got to go. The positive I take from this is for every 10K I can generate I’ll allow myself to buy one piece of gear worth $400.

Woot... new Squier soon!

loudnlousy and blueruins like this.
  8. BFTmarshall

BFTmarshall Gretschie

Jan 12, 2020
    York
    Scored a Fender Champ last night on Reverb, did massive gear evaluation today , 6 guitars went in cases for local trades. Not even sure for what but i did rearrange my Bedroomcore studio today..pretty cool set up now..5 preamps in the ISO closet all ready to mic any of these..all cabs in play for the amps ..lots of tone available.
    020 over bed view.jpg 020 PV cornse big view.jpg 020 ampeg.jpg 020 BR 3 plex.jpg 020 VK2 haze.jpg 020 Super.jpg 020 ult & Classic.jpg 020 Super.jpg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  9. GlenP

GlenP Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    I am just starting on a small pedal board. Got a few mail order deals from Guitar Center so far. I will keep posting the new ones I add to my collection. I really don't need much, but want to replace an older multi-effect board with some of the basics to support a variety of classic rock/folk and oldies kind of set. But want a few things that can help me expand into more rock stuff.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    blueruins and dougmon like this.
  10. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Well, been holding out. Unposted NAD from last week, I'll try to post it up tomorrow.

Merc and blueruins like this.
  11. MrMajstyk

MrMajstyk Gretschie

Dec 3, 2011
    los angeles
    Yeah, I’m pretty much done too! I have my 6120, my Falcon, my black Gibson SJ200 and 4 Guild jumbos. Plus my Katana Artist MKII, my Quilter setup with my Line 6 M-9, my wireless systems, Shure and Sennheiser mics (both wired and wireless)... so I’m good. For now. I’m pretty sure. I think...

blueruins, mbkri and Merc like this.
  12. dougmon

dougmon Gretschie

Jan 9, 2013
    California
    Could you tell me, what is your Quilter setup?

blueruins likes this.
  13. Groutsch

Groutsch Gretschie

Jun 9, 2018
    Maryland, US
    I believe we're into a buyer's market now, if anyone's willing to part with cash. There's not much foot traffic in the stores, and the lesson rooms have gotten quiet. Sales may pick up in the U.S. when the government sends its checks out. In the meantime, I got a good deal yesterday on a jazz box that I've been watching for months. My DeArmond collection is almost complete.

[​IMG]

14. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

All the best on getting that new house worked out, Ricochet!

Merc, blueruins and Ricochet like this.
  15. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

Since my retirement in May of last year, I have been in status quo mode for 4 reasons: (1) I don't have nearly the same amount of space that I had before, and (2) my income level is less, so . . . , (3) I am very happy with the gear that I have right now. I unloaded a few amps before I moved, but I didn't downsize the guitar collection nearly as much as I thought I would, and (4) I started playing the drums for a church, so I had to start focusing a bit more attention to learning more songs on the drums, rather than the guitar.

In July, things will be changing a bit, so maybe I'll have a look at any gaps in my current gear.

T Bone, Merc, blueruins and 1 other person like this.
  16. GlenP

GlenP Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    LivingMyDream and blueruins like this.
  17. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

Not exactly "brand new" but does two months old still count?

upload_2020-3-22_2-2-38.png

Henry, Crooner, db62 and 14 others like this.
  18. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    I just ordered a TVJ Brian Setzer sig bridge pup. A jack plate. Some washers. Two sets of Hipshot locking tuners for my penguin and Falcon. I discovered they don’t need to have their peg holes drill out to fit!!

LivingMyDream, Merc, G5422T and 2 others like this.
  19. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Got this about a month ago.

Not sure what the future holds for gear buying, but I'm sure pleased with this one from Tavo.

20200214_095955.jpg

20. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Yeah but, im almost outta toilet paper....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice