Close to ordering a CS Duo Jet, help with electronics options

Discussion in 'Technical Side of Things' started by RocknRollShakeUp, Jun 8, 2019.

1. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Thank you, I’m very pleased with them. Penguin was built with Seymour Duncan CS Dyna’s and the Falcon is stock with GreTsch pickups. They’re both delicious to my tinnitus ridden ears and are my ‘sweet’ players, my favorite clean pickups. Falcon typically gets played most of all my guitars. Bo’s built with TV Jones PowerTrons and are quite phenomenal. They’ve become my favorite pickups to overdrive but regardless of what amp I’m playing through clean up beautifully by lightening my attack. I’ve got them in another Bo, think of as a Jupiter Thunderbird, that was handmade by The Englishman.

I’ve also got stock Filters in a Silver Falcon and Broadway Jade doublecut Penguin. I’ve considered putting TV Jones Ray Butts pickups in the Silver but honestly, I’ve really no qualms at all with the Stock Filters.

I understand now and am actually in the same situation regarding RH. My house is 80 years old and most all around here have no central air units but electric baseboard heat and window mount AC units. Our electric rates are very low. So my humidifier is a small portable unit that has two 1-3/4 gal tanks. When I leave for extended vacations they’re at the mercy of Momma Nature, although as the house will be buttoned up then, I’ve not returned to much less than 35% and have yet to experience any issues.

Thank ya, Pard, you should come over!

RocknRollShakeUp and audept like this.
  2. RocknRollShakeUp

RocknRollShakeUp Synchromatic

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    That's way cool. I actually played a CS Duo Jet that had "Gretsch Dynasonics", and I have to say, they sounded really great. I ended up wanting to go with my own order to get exactly what I want, and I'm going with the T Armonds more as a leap of faith and hearing what I like on a few youtube reviews, with all of their associated limitations as highly compressed videos.
    But those Dynas from the CS sounded stellar...I wonder if they were wound by the CS... but I don't know if they wind their own pickups, I have never heard that they did.

3. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Have you talked to the CS yet? My humble opinion is that you should be asking them all these questions; they can provide definitive answers.

4. RocknRollShakeUp

RocknRollShakeUp Synchromatic

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    Not a bad idea. I could see if I can contact them directly and ask them what kind of p/u's where in that particular Duo Jet at that particular store (Rainbow guitars). Meanwhile ordering wise I have been going through Wildwood guitars regarding available specs. and will order through them as I have a good history with them. I am holding off putting the order in for another week or so until I make sure I get my specs figured out...that and, please don't come after me with Gretschian Torches to tar and feather me, but I'm trying to decide between a CS Duo Jet and a CS Wildwood 10 Jazzmaster for various reasons. But I'm leaning very heavily for the Duo Jet.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice