Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Chick-fil-A

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by ZackyDog, Sep 12, 2017.

1. afire

afire Country Gent

When I lived in Texas, people were obsessed with the place. I never tried it until a couple of years ago at an airport. Same reaction. It was good, but nothing more than a serviceable bare-bones chicken sandwich. We finally got one here in Madison a year or two ago. Haven't been yet, but I will have to give it another go.

My wife and I spent a week in Venice on our honeymoon and it was the worst eating I've ever experienced on vacation. And we made a real effort to find good food, to no avail.

I have no doubt whatsoever that this was the case. Really, the restaurant workers in that city were unbelievable. They made no effort whatsoever to conceal their hostility to us, up to and including some remarkably brazen attempts to rip us off. And we were about as low key and inconspicuous as could be.

That said, the scenery made up for it and then some. We had a great time. But the dining experience was horrendous.

2. houndman55

houndman55 Synchromatic

Feb 8, 2014
    Sweden
    I remember when me and my family vent to a Kfc somewhere in California, sure tasted good but heck it was greasy. I presume the napkin industry was happy. I come from Stockholm and my parents have a smaller house in Värmdö, a kommun in stockholms län. Sort of like a city. Anyway in a local place called Hemmesta we have or had a HFC=Hemmesta fried chicken. Too expensive tough so we never vent there. But it was sort of fun...

3. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Arlington, Tx
    So have you tried it yet? Try the wrap, too. Use the avocado ranch sparingly on the wrap, and use the rest to dip the fries in. Trust your pal Slim on this.

TSims1 likes this.
  4. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Country Gent

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    That´s even more disgusting....

heinzman likes this.
  5. afire

afire Country Gent

Have. It's still there.
    http://www.hemmestafriedchicken.se/

Chicken, mozzarella sticks, falafel, gyros, burgers. Doesn't sound very Swedish, but next time I'm in Värmdö, I would give that menu a shot.

6. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Country Gent

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Interesting.

untitled.png 258s.jpg

Is that question for me?

7. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Country Gent

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    Have you people not watched Forks over Knives? Why would you even want to put this stuff in your body?

8. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Arlington, Tx
    Yes sir

9. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Country Gent

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    I went today and they were training. Tomorrow :oops: is the grand opening; I hope the waiting lines aren't crazy.

Do you like their food?

10. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Country Gent

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Sorry, I saw your "spicy deluxe": post above. Regards.

@slimwilson

11. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Gretschie

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    I was born in Oshawa and raised in Port Perry until I was 8. My grandparents lived a few blocks off lake Scugog until they passed away a few years ago.

GoLeafsGo likes this.
  12. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    :)

[​IMG]

heinzman, Gretschtim1, T Bone and 2 others like this.
  13. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Synchromatic

May 14, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    Yeah they do, buttermilk biscuits in general are delicious. And a breakfast biscuit with a spicy filet in the middle of it...
    [​IMG]

14. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    How is posting a meme in the conversation, trolling?
    Trolling is when someone is posting stuff to be mean. I was posting funny commentary from the oatmeal health guy in response to the menu at Chick-fil. I think you might be taking memes as something personal. Not intended at all. :)
    [​IMG]

Robbie likes this.
  15. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I like oatmeal.

and Wilford Brimley.

should I be offended? I'm thinking not. I still like the Spicy Deluxe at Chick-fil-A.

16. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    That's amazing, a neighbour. What took you to where you are now? Where is Tejas?

17. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    So that's what mermaids really look like?

heinzman likes this.
  18. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    How about chicken and oatmeal? Baked in rolled oats n parmesan? [​IMG]

19. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011

I don't like oatmeal and don't care about Wilfred Brimley. But Chick-fil-A is yum.

20. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Throw some steamed asparagus on the side and I'm totally there, dude.

However, although I like chicken and I eat chicken, I prefer beef or pork and will generally take either over chicken if given the option.

My #1 preferred protein, however, is venison. The fat content is next to nothing when compared to beef or even bison, and it can be prepared and served in virtually all the ways that beef can be used.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017