Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Chance that Gretsch starts making a 70's version of the White Falcon 7593

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by cyanidesilly, Nov 14, 2017.

1. cyanidesilly

cyanidesilly Electromatic

Sep 30, 2012
    Dallas, Texas
    Guess it's the only way I'll ever get one. Still looking no luck. I'd be in on a Matthew Ashman model in case anyone here has any pull haha. Give us some options here Gretsch. I need a late 70's 7593.

ps- Well done on the Malcolm model. See below for your next move.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bertotti and Trash Kidd like this.
  2. Rob Williams

Rob Williams Country Gent

Jul 5, 2014
    SE QLD
    Would it be easier to have one ghost built? Umm...I mean custom built?

3. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Synchromatic

May 14, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    Chance that Gretsch starts making a 70's version of the White Falcon 7593
    Two chances: 1) slim, and 2) none.

4. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Country Gent

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    The pink Tim Amstrong comes pretty close.

5. cyanidesilly

Sep 30, 2012
    Dallas, Texas
    Yeah it does actually. Body much like my '77 Country Club. But I gotta have the whole deal. That Falcon head stock is not negotiable. I've reached out to the Gretsch Custom shop. You can't even talk to anyone at Gretsch about getting one built. Have to go thru one of their appointed dealers. So I contacted Chicago Music Exchange. Guy exchanged several emails with me, said he'd check on it then nothing. So I assumed it was a no. Everybody has that one guitar that's like the Grail to them. This is mine.

6. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    You could get a TA and have a luthier mod the headstock and refinish it for WAYYYYYYYY less than a custom shop.

7. DaddyDog

DaddyDog Country Gent

Sep 18, 2011
    Mississauga, Canada
    I don't follow. You don't like the modern 7593 or 7594? To me they look very close to the vintage ones, and would be far more reliable and gig worthy.

8. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    Gretsch did have a G7593 for awhile which was era correct, except for the HSFT. I liked the unique look for the Falcon so much that I bought it. However, it looks like not too long after introducing the Billy Duffy Sig, they discontinued it. If you can find one used, its an awesome guitar. Looks SOOOOOO COOOL!
    Rocking In the Cold.jpg

9. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

On a side note, the other guitarist in our band has the Les Paul Prodeluxe that Matt Ashman used later. It's a belter.

This one:

[​IMG]

10. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    What's going on there?:D

11. cyanidesilly

Sep 30, 2012
    Dallas, Texas
    I love the Cult. Love Duffy. Love and Electric are 2 of my favorite albums of all time. But his Signature Falcon is more of a Duffy Vanity Falcon. Not same mid-70's body shape, no base of neck truss rod cover making for that clean awesome classic head stock and of course the silver binding and hardware. Was so pissed and disappointed when I first saw the Duffy Falcon. I'd have paid retail on first day of arrival had they taken Duffy's mid 70's Falcon and reproduced it. Still a sore spot with me.

[​IMG]

turbo2000 likes this.
  12. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Country Gent

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    Notom guitars in Denmark Street has got one that looks like a stereo model, with loads of switches and stuff.

13. cyanidesilly

Sep 30, 2012
    Dallas, Texas
    Just went to site, if it's one they have listed on there it's a stereo 7594 Double Cut. Gotta be the Single Cut 7593. But really appreciate the heads up here. I'm gonna need all the help I can get as apparently they are really rare to find these days. Thanks again, cheers.

14. T Bone

T Bone Synchromatic

Pink? Hey, I thought that was "Man Salmon". :p

Or, it's possible that Chicago Music Exchange simply dropped the ball. Not anything against them, but it happens. If you're really determined, and the (costly) Custom Shop build is your best option, certainly worth trying another dealer or even two if necessary. The Custom Shop exists specifically to build the Gretsch Guitar to buyer's specs after all. I'd consider maybe contacting Wildwood Music, or Street Sounds in Brooklyn (I think they are the largest Gretsch Dealer in the US?).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017 at 2:20 AM
  15. afire

afire Country Gent

Yeah, I'd try going through Street Sounds. There are countless reports around here of their great customer service. And I think the late Cameron Bell had his whacked out creations made through Street sounds. If nothing else, I doubt that they'd leave you hanging with no explanation.

That's one thing I really doubt even the Custom Shop would do. I can't imagine them using a Burns gear box truss rod. Then again, I guess never say never.

16. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia

hey Cianide can you please explain the attraction of a late 70's 7593.
    What's different and special about them compared to the current model Falcon ?

17. afire

afire Country Gent

I'm pretty sure the answer is...

Waxhead likes this.