CBD oil no Thc

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Bertotti, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Just curious who all have jumped on this new thing.

MKunie likes this.
  2. dmunson

dmunson Gretschie

Dec 19, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    I just talked to my doctor about this. He says that it's comparable to the snake oil remedies that were available around the turn of the century. Apparently you aren't going to see this as a medically approved pain remedy any time soon. That's all I needed to hear.

Sabato likes this.
  3. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    ......she walks , she talks , she crawls on her belly like a reptile

Runamok, Robbie and calebaaron666 like this.
  4. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I have tried it a couple of days and my back pain is virtually gone. I have arthritis in my back but haul heavy stuff all the time. My wife's knee pain is going away as well. I'm running with it for a month then stopping and see what happens. The doc here had no opinion either way which to me speaks volumes. Won't commit to any answer and gets very evasive. I see the biggest problem is no standardization is processing and as for anything serious if the government can't control it it doesn't get approved.

5. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I dunno, whatever works I guess? For me it's more of a "What's the point?" kind of a thing (edit:although I can totally see the appeal if it works for you w/ none of the "intoxicating" effect of THC and/or THC isn't already legal where you live). From personal experience w/ its originating form most of the pain management benefit has seemed to be provided by the THC content. It's already a medically legal substance in 33 of 50 states & the District of Columbia, why wouldn't CBD be?

Seems a heck of a lot safer than opioids if it will help reduce that need for someone & the supply can be locally sourced in a much simpler production chain. I think there's less potential harm in seeing if it does anything for an individual's issue than a whole lot of the pharmaceuticals out there but I'm no doctor/pharmacologist....

6. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    That's great if it continues working for you.

I couldn't agree more that I'd expect most of the risk to be from a lack of standards & regulation of the production of it. If my understanding is correct, cheaper and lower tech methods to derive oils involves some nasty stuff I wouldn't want to be consuming in any amount...

Henry and Bertotti like this.
  7. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    It's a decent anti-inflammatory by most accounts. Up here in Canada we can order it online, pharmaceutical grade.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

8. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    CBD works for a lot of people where nothing else did. Some doctors don't like it coz it doesn't fit their ideas of standard medicine. Indiana says it's legal and then says it isn't. We'll probably be the last state to legalize it, if at all. We still have Blue Laws in effect here.

If it works for you, then, fine. It helps many, such as epilepsy, and those in pain. I wish you well.

9. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    The stuff without thc is ok everywhere so I am told but if it has thc in it well you better move to Co.

pmac11 likes this.
  10. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Or Canada! Or Jamaica...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

11. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Depending on how it is taken it is also safer than common pain killers like aspirin, tylenol, etc. which can cause stomach issues and can reach a toxic level. No one has ever found a toxic level of cannabis.

unknown fan and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  12. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    We got the dog on it. I think it is like booze and lacquer thinner there is a difference in the quality of the product. It isn't standardized with the processing and I don't think very well regulated for quality like booze. Anyway the 11 year old schnauzer doesn't seem to be as arthritic and more like a younger self. The stuff we used was like $180.00 and since in Oregon we have more than Starbucks, marijuana/hemp/medical stores claiming the same potency and BS cures like for $50.00 same amount. I trust our vet and this company has worked for them. It seems to work for our aging schnauzer. The industry is wide open for fakes and frauds snake oil because ther is no real regulation or standards yet. Buyer be aware.

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  13. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    pmac11 likes this.
  14. Jet_streamliner

Jet_streamliner Gretschie

Nov 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    Hemp CBD is legal here in MN. I deal with scoliosis related lower back pain & joint pain, but unfortunately didn’t find much relief with CBD oil. It did make me sleepy, though.

gjohnson441496 likes this.
  15. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I like Colorado. I was stationed there, in Denver, while in the Air Force. My brother lived in Conifer, up in the mountains just west of Denver. Been to shows at Red Rocks---one of the best venues that I've ever seen. I'd appreciate the lack of humidity a lot. Winters are easier than the Lake Effect and humidity we have here. Sadly, family is here, wife's still working, etc. Stuck in the flatlands. At least Michigan and Illinois have legalized---and near by. Indiana is seriously anti-THC, and they still haven't decided totally on CBD oil. Sometimes it's OK, other times, it's not.

I'd like to look into CBD's arthritis help. It's getting to where it hurts too much to play guitar. Big Pharma hasn't been able to help.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Nubs likes this.
  16. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

Jun 4, 2008
    Ventura, CA
    It’s all legal here in CA, but the only product I’ve found that really works for me is a topical, CBD only “stick.” It rolls on like deodorant, and I use it directly on my hands and wrists, and sometimes my neck after gigs. Pain relief is felt within seconds, and it lasts 6-8 hours. I hope one day it will be easily available at CVS or Target.

Henry likes this.
  17. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

I think you have to consider CBD as a food supplement rather than a medicine. Some people might get some relief from some conditions, just like for instance cod liver oil. I think also that people see the word cannabis and immediately think about bumbling hippies and close their mind. It's just a food supplement, nothing edgy or sinister.

My dad had Parkinsons Disease before he passed away. On the recommendation of a good friend who is a doctor, we tried some CBD and it did seem to offer some relief. Then with his absolute consent we made him some hash brownies and the improvement was nothing short of astounding.

I'm not a cannabis user myself, never have been, not interested, but I can see with my own eyes that it might well be an effective medicine. I feel that maybe it's time to be adult about it, for the possible benefit of many.

18. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Well, I have to be careful with these oils. I can not have anything that will give me a positive on a piss test. the company I work for would be 1 million percent on my door the next day with HR to fire me so even if the THC was legal here I would lose my job so I don't give any thought to something with THC in it, I can't afford to lose my job.

19. Beardog

Beardog Country Gent

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    I've been a carpenter for 30 plus years. My whole body ached, couldn't sleep at night and popped Advil like candy. When they legalized it here in Canada I decided to give it a try. I take a low dose THC/CBD blend. I feel 10 years younger, am sleeping through the night and haven't taken an Advil in months! My wife says the difference is amazing. I'm a believer.

DrSetzer likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice