Catch The Falcon

Discussion in 'Songs in the key of Gretsch' started by eggvan, Oct 9, 2019.

1. eggvan

eggvan Gretschie

Nov 30, 2013
    England
    Some of you may remember Darrel Higham's fantastic instrumental piece he used to demo the Peavey Delta Blues amps... over a few weeks i've been learning more and more of it. I'm losing my faith with guitar but this piece has kept my interest.

Hope you enjoy.

Waxhead, Henry, cowmoo and 11 others like this.
  2. RG7X

RG7X Gretschie

Nov 11, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Not bad, man! Why the loss of faith with guitar?

eggvan likes this.
  3. eggvan

eggvan Gretschie

Nov 30, 2013
    England
    Thank you, an unexplained lack of inspiration is all I can put it down to! I'm sure it'll come round again, at least I hope so!

4. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Keep the faith brother ! You're rockin' Daddy-O

Merc and eggvan like this.
  5. RG7X

RG7X Gretschie

Nov 11, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Of course it'll come around again! I think we must all go through that ebb and flow of inspiration... you have to taste bitter to know sweet. Like you, learning something new is helpful. I get my spark back by checking out music I haven't heard before, going to concerts, playing live or writing something new. It's also good for me to get outdoors and get inspired by nature and meeting new people (musicians). All the best.

eggvan likes this.
  6. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Great job eggvan!

eggvan likes this.
  7. S.R.Cash

S.R.Cash Gretschie

Aug 29, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Very Cool! Just came across it on Instagram!

eggvan likes this.
  8. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    You got some good spider fingers!
    Well done!

Do you play with anyone?
    If you find yourself losing the faith, find a drummer to play with.
    It’ll bring you back to life!

Merc and eggvan like this.
  9. eggvan

eggvan Gretschie

Nov 30, 2013
    England
    Thank you folks - means a lot to me!

calebaaron - Yes I play with a band, but due to work commitments find myself having less and less time at the moment. We're just rehearsing for a gig this week and i've shocked myself how rusty i've become on guitar. I'm sure everyone goes through the same thing, I just need that spark!

calebaaron666 likes this.
  10. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Exactly what Thunder said! Very fine, EV and I know that vid well. Like most, huge fan of Darrel. Class act of a man, too.

Just fingertips on your right hand? 3 days ago I gave up after spending a month plus trying to grow out nails.

eggvan likes this.
  11. eggvan

eggvan Gretschie

Nov 30, 2013
    England
    Thank you mate. I'm using a flat pick with my index and middle fingers, and picking fingers with the other two. Not easy but well worth it.

12. MrMajstyk

MrMajstyk Gretschie

Dec 3, 2011
    los angeles
    9D2492A8-0430-4D5B-BFE1-1548C86DDFF6.jpeg ALWAYS make time for your music! Work will still be there. Trust me on this.
    Great playing! Darrel was a real gent when we met him, and after the show, he brought out the 6120/Falcon hybrid Gretsch had made for him to let us have a closer look. Falcon body, 6120 scale neck, Cochran P90, Falcon headstock. Very cool!

eggvan and Merc like this.
  13. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    That was great EV!

Aye,we all go through that losing faith thing ,i know i do a lot!
    I'm not half the player i used to be ,i don't play half as much i use too though,i've even lost my calluses!
    Arthritic fingers are no joke..

eggvan likes this.
  14. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Sounding stellar. Occasionally I’ve gotten new gear to get inspired. Including guitars and pedals for new tone inspirations.

I think it’s normal to ride the waves of interest in life. It happens to me in various things, not just guitar. Sometimes I just need to step back a little if it’s not bringing me joy until I miss it. For the most part things always cycles back for me.

eggvan likes this.
  15. eggvan

eggvan Gretschie

Nov 30, 2013
    England
    That's a great pic MrMajstyk.
    Mr Higgy - sorry to hear about your Arthur WriteUs. A common theme amongst people here it seems. I'd be devastated if it stopped me playing. So although I moan I don't have inspiration, I still want to play! Glad to see you're still posting.

Thanks Merc. I did indeed go down the gear path and it certainly drove me on but it got silly, dropping 2-3k on a guitar for a months inspiration? I had to teach myself to be happy with what I had. Agree with you on the waves of interest.

Merc likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice