Join Gretsch-Talk Today

California Fires

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by drmilktruck, Dec 6, 2017.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Friend of Fred

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    i hope any G-T members in Southern California are safe. (Of course this applies as well to anybody living there!)

2. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
    Amen brother! This was a bad year for fires on the west coast. I was living in the Federal Way area of WA this past summer and you could see smoke trails from miles away.. The drive going down to Portland, LA, Eugene,Oakland, Santa Ana and other places to do shows was a bit scary as the smoke got into everything.

To see all the homes that got destroyed as well as wild life, not to mention the influx of displaced homeless people at every out in the stix gas station off of the highway was sad. My heart goes out to anyone personally affected by the fires.

3. wabash slim

wabash slim Country Gent

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Where I live (Indiana---Gateway to Illinois), it's always humid, if not raining. Aggravates my COPD something fierce. Of course, we don't get wild fires. Fair trade off. All of you in the flaming Left Coast be safe!

4. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    be safe everyone

5. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Yes, scary! I am working on a transaction in that area (I am far away in Northern California). The surveyor had to vacate the offices. My client's kids' school was canceled. Scary stuff.

6. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Praying for all affected, and for a quick full containment........

Wulfgang likes this.
  7. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
    My father came by tonight and bought me a new samsung 4k hd tv as a early surprise xmas gift to cheer me up tonight.. Me not having bought a tv in over 11 years and two remotes to control the darn thing, half hour of squinting at set up direction menu's because everything looks to zoomed in what do I see... A guy chasing a wild rabbit down the Ventura county road in order to save him.. Flames engulfing the whole area. I think I will wait to till tomorrow to do some couch surfing.. to late to exchange it for a mystery brain?

All the wild animals will be wondering into peoples yards looking for water, be careful out there Cali friends!

8. Gretschman2

Gretschman2 Country Gent

Apr 8, 2013
    Enetai, WA
    Very scary stuff, hopes and prayers for all affected.