Cadillac Green vs Silver Sparkle

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Crowbar, Mar 10, 2019.

1. turbo2000

turbo2000 Gretschie

Aug 18, 2015
    Sweden
    Between Cadillac Green and Silver Sparkle I'd go with the green...

but if it was Champagne Sparkle it would be a tough choice.

2. speedicut

speedicut Country Gent

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
  3. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Love Caddy green,i really want/need a Caddy green Dyna Club.....Someday.

4. CatTones

CatTones Gretschie

Jul 28, 2017
    Boston
    As an owner of a 6129T-57, I say GO FOR IT, I would never consider myself a sparkly guy but Once you own one, You become one :) , both guitars are amazing it's just a color choice, Best of Luck with your decision, you can't go wrong

Crowbar likes this.
  5. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

I don't even care for sparkle on boats. Have owned both a Caddy Green Country Club and Duo Jet with Dynas and if any, those were the two that got away

6. Shroudy

Shroudy Electromatic

Mar 13, 2019
    The Bronx
    I already have two Green Gretsch’s and green PRS, so you know what my opinion is. Though I’d love to see pics of the guitars in question.

7. Crowbar

Crowbar Electromatic

Nov 20, 2012
    North Dakota
    I haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet....I just found both of these photos online and I think it makes it as hard as ever to decide! :). That Cadillac Green with gold just may have the edge.

Gretsch-Duo-Jet-Green-57-Gold-1.jpg Silver Jet.jpg

8. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Country Gent

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    Lovely as the caddy green is, the gold would spoil it for me. That stuff wears off faster than a politician's promise.

ronbo, Crowbar and TSims1 like this.
  9. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Agreed. All good things they say never last.

10. Highroller

Highroller Gretschie

Jun 11, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Drummers will tell 'ya ... Silver Sparkle is LOUDER!

I've had a Silver Jet with Dynasonics for close to twenty years. If I ever did a Caddy Green, it'd have to have Filtertrons. That's the only way I could justify (rationalize?) another Jet.

But lordy, they sure are pretty!

11. ronbo

ronbo Gretschie

Feb 28, 2012
    Broomfield, Colorado
    Caddy Green is my favorite Gretsch color..Fairlane Blue is a close second. I have a Blue 5420, but have always wanted one of the exceedingly rare Green 5422's I occasionally see. They look great with the silver hardware, but I would be tempted to put gold hardware on it if I owned it. I really like the look of the sparkle silver, but am not sure I want to own one, maybe a bit too flashy for me!

I have a 6129T 57 in black and there is a green 6128TCG on Craigslist locally in really good shape...been trying real hard not to buy it, swap my T-Armonds into it and sell the black one. I look at it everyday and my restraint is amazing so far, mostly because I don't have the ca$h in hand right now ;)

If I could only have one Gretsch though, it would be the 6128TCG, with T-Armonds...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice