By-pass circuitry

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Falcon LPB, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Falcon LPB

Falcon LPB Gretschie

Aug 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi folks,

I am in the midst of putting my pedal board together - mostly Duesenberg drives. However, I have noticed that some of the older pedals often used with Gretsch guitars do not have by-pass circuitry.

Can anyone give me the heads up as to whether the following 3 pedals has by-pass circuitry:

1. Ibanez Tube Screamer Ltd Ed TS9
    2. Vox Ice 9 Satriani overdrive
    3. MXR EVH 5150 Chorus

I have been offered the above 3 as a group of pedals and my research so far has not found whether or not they do have by-pass - it would be a deal breaker for me. If I get all 3 and only one does not have a by-pass, I coud sell that separately. I have heard good news about all 3 pedals and want the flexbility to switch them off or on without affecting switching on or off the whole board.

2. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    AFAIK :

1 - not TPB, but solidstate flip-flop buffer BP
    2 - I don't know ???
    3 - possibly hard wired TBP ???

A+!

pmac11 and Falcon LPB like this.
  3. Falcon LPB

Falcon LPB Gretschie

Aug 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    Brilliant. Excellent information not on any website I can find. Plenty of websites laud the virtues of these pedal but they do not talk in terms of how they may fit in a chain. This has a major influence on their utility. I note that a number of the early pedals have a buffer which can be an issue.
    Any others have any info on these 3 pedals?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  4. Falcon LPB

Falcon LPB Gretschie

Aug 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    Post script:
    For those who have not come across this before, the following website is useful:
    https://thehub.musiciansfriend.com/tech-tips/tech-tip-true-bypass-pedals-and-buffers

pmac11 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice