Brown Princeton Demo

Discussion in 'Guitar & Gear Reviews' started by 6124Bassman, Jun 12, 2018.

1. 6124Bassman

6124Bassman Gretschie

May 20, 2018
    Tempe, Arizona
    Here’s a quick demo of some clean tones my Brownface Princeton can put out at close to bedroom volumes. I’ll do another where I crank it up. Playing my Gretsch 6124 in the video!

Thanks for lookin!
    Nathan

scrimmer, MKunie, Daktari9 and 2 others like this.
  2. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    That's the sound right there. I always liked those speakers, 4 of them in a Super reverb is pretty magical. The Annie reminds me i need to get my Streamliner goin.

6124Bassman likes this.
  3. 6124Bassman

6124Bassman Gretschie

May 20, 2018
    Tempe, Arizona
    Thanks! I had a Silverface super a while back with these speakers in it. Sounded so good!

4. Gretschmen65

Gretschmen65 Synchromatic

May 20, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah, that's nice.
    Was in Tempe for the Ironman weekend last year. Daughter was running not me.
    Took a drive out to a guitar store near Scottsdale - Guitar Pickers.
    They had some really nice gear there. One was an original 1966 Blackface Princeton Reverb I played through, that was sweet.
    But have to say your Brown face would be my choice if I had the opportunity to make it.

6124Bassman and MotorCentaur like this.
  5. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Gretschie

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
  6. 6124Bassman

6124Bassman Gretschie

May 20, 2018
    Tempe, Arizona
    I stop by that shop frequently. I probably played that same Princeton Reverb you’re talking about.

Right now they have a Tuxedo Princeton in there. It’s been there for months now. Maybe even a year. He’s asking $1500 if I remember correctly

7. TeeDub

TeeDub Synchromatic

Jun 21, 2011
    Colorado
    I know this thread's almost a year old - but I wanted to say I enjoyed your demo. The browns are my favorite Fender amps. The tone is right in the sweet spot. Better mids than the blackface and cleaner than the tweeds plus the browns have that beautiful, pulsating harmonic trem. I could be delusional but the cabinets on pre-reverb Fender amps seem to be more resonant. Perhaps less care was put into cabinet building after the advent of reverb?

6124Bassman likes this.
  8. 6124Bassman

6124Bassman Gretschie

May 20, 2018
    Tempe, Arizona
    Thank you for he nice words. I was actually just talking today about how the brown fenders are my favorite of the fender amps because they have more clean room than the tweeds, but still break up in a similar way to the tweed amps. They really are a bridge between the tweed and blackface era, which makes for the overall best tones in my opinion.

That being said, I sold this amp and have regretted it every day since. This it THE AMP that got away...
    I have to brownface fender amps still so I'm still a lucky man..

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice