Wanted Broadway Jade Penguin and G6134 FSR 1962 Aged White Penguin.

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by Crooner, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    Hey Gang.
    I know a few months ago I missed out on a great deal on a Jade Pengy, but now I'm looking for another opportunity to grab one and a G6134 FSR 1962 Aged White Penguin Limited Edition Double Cutaway.

I figure this will not happen overnight and that's fine as I'll need a bit of time to finance this whole operation, so I figure I'd put the word out now. If anyone has of these they'd like to sell, please contact me. If you know of one for sale, please do the same.

Much appreciated!

2. musicman100

musicman100 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2008
    England
    You’ve just missed a jade penguin??

3. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Both great guitars! The 6134-1962-FSR was a limited run of just 16 in 2014 AFAIK. Good luck with the search!

4. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    To own two of these spectacular guitars will just great. Happy hunting.

5. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    Yep. Missed one at a great price by a day. DOH! The dough went towards my pedalboard, which is great, but I haven't been able to forget about that Jade Beauty.

Yeah... these are both über sexy Jets. As for the White Penguin, I know they were a limited run, but there was one on ebay about six months ago. If any double-White Pengy shows up, I'd be interested.

6. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    This may be a tuff one. It seemed there were a few trying to find a home for a while but it seems most of them have made it to their forever homes. I am glad some people have gotten good deals on them but as these find more permanent homes the prices will start to go back up, so I hope you find a good deal but it will be nice to see them rise in value. Good Luck!

7. Just-Joshin-Ya

Just-Joshin-Ya Gretschie

Nov 23, 2017
    WV
    Dang it... now you have me thinking again...

8. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    What are you thinking?

9. Just-Joshin-Ya

Just-Joshin-Ya Gretschie

Nov 23, 2017
    WV
    About selling mine...

10. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    For the W
    Do we have to send the black van?

new6659 likes this.
  11. Just-Joshin-Ya

Just-Joshin-Ya Gretschie

Nov 23, 2017
    WV
    Maybe and a straight jacket...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

audept and Bertotti like this.
  12. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    You had a valid reason to sell, playing s no fun when it's uncomfortable. Instead look for an instrument balanced the way you need it, Broadway Jade has come up in a jet format before and may again or better yet just order a custom shop Gretsch in the stock format you want only with the Broadway jade finish. probably;y look pretty good on a 6120 or Falcon or Phoenix! Or any of them really!

13. Just-Joshin-Ya

Just-Joshin-Ya Gretschie

Nov 23, 2017
    WV
    The color is beautiful! A 6120 jr would be awesome in it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bertotti likes this.
  14. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    PM sent, Just-Joshin-Ya!

15. Just-Joshin-Ya

Just-Joshin-Ya Gretschie

Nov 23, 2017
    WV
    We better lock in a deal while I’m gone, I’ll be home this eve...then all bets are off...lol

16. Just-Joshin-Ya

Just-Joshin-Ya Gretschie

Nov 23, 2017
    WV
    Congrats to Crooner, he is gonna be a proud new owner of a fantastic Jade Penguin! One that I lusted after for so long, but just didn’t work out for me, will hopefully be the guitar of his dreams! I was blessed to hold it for a short while!

audept likes this.
  17. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Congrats, Crooner!

18. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    I'd like to thank the Academy... wait... this isn't the Oscars.

Seriously, a huge thanks to Josh for this opportunity and to Bertotti and Audept and all the other Jade owners and G-T members who kindled my lust for this model and helped me get to this point.

As one of the main double-cut Jet freaks of this community, I am psyched outa my grape to own this soopah cool Pengy and look forward to eventually adding one of the new Vintage Select Jet Firebirds and at some point, a double-cut White Penguin.

When will enough be enough?

Never.

(MMMUUUUUUAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!)

audept likes this.
  19. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Congrats man! I am a fellow double cut freak (symmetry, please) and you will love the excellent upper fret access on this one (better than the traditional firebird).

audept likes this.
  20. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Congratulations Men and welcome aboard, Crooner!