Wanted Broad'tron pickups

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by jasonek72, Jul 22, 2019.

1. jasonek72

jasonek72 Electromatic

Jul 13, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Looking to buy a pair to put in my HH Telecaster. I have a maximum in mind that I'd pay but shoot me your price if you have a pair lying around.

2. Lockupyourfatdog

Lockupyourfatdog Gretschie

Aug 8, 2016
    Everett wa
    What style are you looking for? The streamliner, electromatics, and pro models all have there version of broadtron. I’m going to be doing a project with a streamliner soon that will leave me with a set if you’re interested in those

3. jasonek72

jasonek72 Electromatic

Jul 13, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I thought all the broadtrons were the same. Either way, not very picky. He just wants something between a traditional humbucker and a filtertron and the broadtron seems the easiest to fit to his Tele.

4. jasonek72

jasonek72 Electromatic

Jul 13, 2019
    Wisconsin
  5. jfassett

jfassett Gretschie

Dec 9, 2017
    Tucson
    If you're referring to the BT 65 Broadtrons, they are unavailable, I've tried to find a set with no success!

6. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Nope, not at all. The Proline Broads are rare, pretty much impossible to find, and won’t be cheap I imagine. Blacktop Broadtrons, not shown in the link, should be more common but I haven’t seen them that often. The Streamliner BTs are most like regular humbuckers, nothing really unique, easy to find. I have a set sitting in a box, not worth the gas to the post office to ship, IMHO.

The difference between Proline Broadtrons and Blacktops are unknown to me. My guess is Proline Broadtrons use a tall Alnico magnet, with the bigger screws and look like a Filtertron should. Blacktops, smaller screws, flatter magnet. Pure speculation on my part, I haven’t taken apart either pickup.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    pmac11 and jfassett like this.
  7. jasonek72

jasonek72 Electromatic

Jul 13, 2019
    Wisconsin
    How much you want for them? He's not very picky. I think it would do fine for him.

8. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    PM me, I’ll sell them.

But to be sure this is what I have, they do not fit in a Filtertron route or ring (not my pic):

A5D41317-D8B3-41BA-9268-01D370C72165.jpeg

9. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    Sort of. Blacktop Broadtrons are a little bigger than Filtertrons: the coils on BT BTs are spaced farther apart. They have Filtertron-style rings, but the rings are routed out a little more than standard Filtertron rings to make extra room. You can see the size difference in this pic. (BT BTs on the left; BT FTs on the right.)

j3AG.jpg

10. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oh brain fart, I knew this, I was typing too fast lol.

section2 likes this.
  11. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    My friend has a set that we took out of his 2007 5122. Is that what you are looking for?
    If so how much are you willing to pay so I can pass it on to him.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  12. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Jeez, how far away is your post office?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice