Join Gretsch-Talk Today

For Sale Boss FDR-1 Deluxe Reverb Pedal, New Budget-Friendly Price

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by Synchro, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Synchro

Synchro As spoken about at Wildwood Guitars. :) Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    Saving the very best for last. The Boss, FDR-1 Deluxe Reverb Pedal is basically an amplifier emulator in a compact pedal. It has a concentric Volume/Gain control, Treble, Bass, and a concentric Tremolo/Reverb control. The idea is to give you roughly the same controls as a Deluxe Reverb amp.

So, it can function as a reverb pedal, a simple tremolo pedal, on overdrive pedal, and a tone-shaper, of sorts. I used to use this when I was playing a Fender Jaguar and needed to "thicken the mix" slightly by running the pedal just at the edge of mild breakup. Push it harder and it’ll overdrive like a Deluxe Reverb cranked to 11.

The finish is an elegant and fashionable black, to match the graphics of an actual Blackface Deluxe Reverb. Plugging this into an actual vintage Blackface Deluxe Reverb amp has been know to cause levitation, so make certain to tether yourself before attempting such a feat.

I searched finished auctions at eBay and these seem to be selling from $120 and up, including shipping. I’ll beat that price by $20, $100 shipped, ConUS.

dswo likes this.
  2. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    I know what is happening, you guys are just fighting over who gets to buy this once in a lifetime offer.

Wulfgang likes this.
  3. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    Yeah, whew! @larryb just kicked my butt!

larryb likes this.
  4. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

When I'm not using my Fender Blackface '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue, I like that I have the Boss FDR-1 pedal. That way I can have the reverb and vibrato that I have on my Fender. It's a nice pedal, and I see that yours is a new one than mine Synchro. I hope someone takes advantage of your sale.

5. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    Awww, you can take him. You ought to buy it just to show home who’s boss. :)

I like it. In the last few weeks, I’ve distilled what I will probably be using and am selling off the rest. A lot of what I’m selling is from before the Lug Nuts became a trio, and my needs were different. Now that I am forever hooked on trio playing, I will be keeping to a smaller bag of tricks.

larryb likes this.
  6. Floo

Floo Country Gent

Dec 16, 2012
    Elmshorn, Germany
    Just out of curiosity: does it actually sound like a Blackface? I was looking at these for the very few moments when I go to an open mic or jam session where I can‘t bring my Vibroverb. It‘s one of the few modeling things I‘m interested in, because it might deliver what I think is „my sound“.
    As I‘m not a US-resident, I can‘t take advantage of that wonderful offer of yours...

7. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    Of course the limitation for one of these is the amp you are playing it through. It definitely has the response and character of a Blackface, and the overdrive nails the sound of a turned-up Deluxe. I’d say that played through a fairly neutral amp, it’s a major step in the right direction.

Floo likes this.
  8. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

I completely understand Synchro. As I am nearing retirement, I am starting to look at my gear to figure out what would be my essentials. After that, the sell off will begin. I've got a few things on consignment at the local music store to see how things sell there. I've done that mainly because I really am resistant to the idea of putting things on craigslist.

9. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Can you use it for direct in?

10. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    I’m certain you can. It’s basically a modeler.

Henry likes this.
  11. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    Ask about our MLK Day, special pricing.

12. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    What's it going to take to move this beauty? Dazzle me with an offer.

13. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    Sorrry, no pets accepted. :) I’m really into collecting pictures of US Presidents.

14. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    . . . and my collection is a bit lean, at the moment. Step right up gents. Did I mention this pedal is in basic black? Goes with everything.

15. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    The end of the month is coming and we got quotas to meet. $100 shipped, ConUS.