Bose, Bose, And More Bose's

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Jukebox, May 14, 2009.

1. dan P

dan P Country Gent

Jul 21, 2008
    Kansas City
    seen a pair of 901's a the flea in san jose, 200.00 ...still could not swing it...1985...guess Paul Harvey and the wave took over...

2. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Almost bought a set of oak 901's. Almost bought some Polk SDA's. Really wanted Klipsch Horns.

Ended up with a set of Infinity RS IIIb and Carver components. Pretty nice. They stayed with the x.

Now have some pretty decent Klipsh, but not the giant corner horns.

Magnaplaners were a kinda cool concept.

3. dan P

dan P Country Gent

Jul 21, 2008
    Kansas City
    Ive been thinking about looking for a good turntable, and going back to records !

4. JohnS

JohnS Synchromatic

Jun 3, 2008
    San Jose, CA
    Those new Bose systems sure look odd to me. "What's wrong with a Twin....?" I have a Bose system for my TV and it kicks ***.

5. guitarfarm

guitarfarm Country Gent

Currently running Snell D7s in one room and a pair of large Polk towers in the media room. The Polks almost hold their ground with the Snells, but have suffered a capacitor blow-up in the midrange crossover network that took out the whole board. In defense of Polk (made in Maryland), it could have happened to anyone, and they replaced the entire board for less than $100.

In the process of building a set of towers from scratch. Have $1,400 worth of drivers and crossover components in my lab and am trying to source 1" MDF. Anyone know where I can get 1" MDF? The design is a D'Apollito design and should sound pretty darn good if I ever get all the materials to build the pair. They will weigh a ton, but I can't pick up my Polks by myself so nothing new there.

6. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    John, the new ones I have are a 2 channel VS the other is a 4 channel. Also the output is lower. The new one has a max crowd of 200 ant the older one has a max crowd limit of 2000, I believe. The new larger system are about the same out put as my large system, but withall kinds of effects that I don't need.

7. dan P

dan P Country Gent

Jul 21, 2008
    Kansas City
    1 inch MDF...try google?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice