Boring ol' White Falcon

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Wayne Gretschzky, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Yuk!!!!!!! That is all!!!

2. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

Not a fan. I don't mind a sticker or two, but that is just a bit much. Poor little Falcon, what did it do to deserve that?

3. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    If you do something like that to an instrument you will have to stick with it forever. Resalevalue destroyed completely.

LivingMyDream, Merc and RoyClark like this.
  4. RoyClark

RoyClark Electromatic

Apr 13, 2019
    Staffordshire UK
    What an eyesore.
    I'm looking for a falcon, but NOT THAT ONE.

Merc likes this.
  5. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Ach, back to the loch with ya, Nessie!

j.s.c and Merc like this.
  6. EdwardsKim

EdwardsKim Gretschie

May 11, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I love that!

Groutsch likes this.
  7. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    That's ruined for me.:(

I don't like stickers or anything on my geets either,a few years ago Gretsch brought out Custom Shop 55 6120's with some of the most hideous stuff on them ,i was horrified !

But somebody bought them!

ishtar, loudnlousy and RoyClark like this.
  8. Kinda looks to me like what I’d image Colonel Sanders would look like raking leaves.

Alanqa and new6659 like this.
  9. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    People should do whatever they want with their guitars . . . in this case, I hope it involves a bonfire and a burial.

10. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Well now, that is understated, isn't it?

RoyClark and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  11. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
  12. sluttyhearts

sluttyhearts Electromatic

Dec 10, 2019
    Portland, Oregon, USA
    Oh, lord, @JeffreyLeePierre; don't let the GT mods catch you uttering such horrific, filthy obscenities! Sure, such words are actually not even considered a problem in PG-13 movies, but this is Gretsch Talk!

I was welcomed to the forum with a warning letter for using the 3-letter version of the 7-letter term you just dropped. (Mine was in the well-known context of "pain in the *blank*"). I was also told it was a problem to use a Yiddish-derived 6-letter word that rhymes with "luck," as such profanity (which you'll hear in most episodes of "Seinfeld") is not tolerated on GT. My comment was edited (without my consent) to make me sound like a cross between a 19th-century Puritan schoolmarm and an idiot.

I almost quit the forum on the spot. To be honest, I still might—I'm a professional writer in real life, and this kind of trigger-happy censorship really rubs me the wrong way. So be careful; the morality police are never far behind! (Also, you might want to save this comment if you care, since—if experience is any guide—I'll be banned within minutes of posting this.)

13. RoyClark

RoyClark Electromatic

Apr 13, 2019
    Staffordshire UK
    Bo Diddleys cigar box Gretsch has a few stickers, but they look right some how.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    JeffreyLeePierre likes this.
  14. NSM245

NSM245 Synchromatic

May 7, 2011
    Scotland
    And from me too. It's like painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa.

LivingMyDream likes this.
  15. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

I actually hesitated, as I know the rules and I'm keen to respect them. I mean: love it or leave it, I've always tried to remain consistent. This forum is great, even at the effort of taking care about what one's write. (Possibly because of that effort.)

Now for that very specific one: it's a quotation. Not aggressive, rather funny. Which is why I opted in, at the risk of having that post deleted. Would not have been a great loss if you consider what value it brings to the actual topic...

Groutsch likes this.
  16. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    JeffreyLeePierre and RoyClark like this.
  17. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    LOL!!
    ...and it already comes with it's own flowers, so that is one less thing to bring to the funeral:p

RoyClark likes this.
  18. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I think I pulled this pic from one of your posts....Now this, I really dig!:cool:

tav.jpg

19. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Almost wish I could find a beater blonde 6120 that I could paint like this.. sans shark. I want a huge anchor on it with an octopus

larryb likes this.
  20. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Unless it is done by a big star to their guitar.....Then it sells for big $ :cool:

Groutsch likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice