Blue Pup Or Greenback In Pro Junior IV?

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by GreatGretsch, Jan 10, 2019.

1. GreatGretsch

GreatGretsch Country Gent

Jun 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh suburbs
    Has anyone put a Greenback or Blue Pup in a Pro Junior IV? If so, what is your opinion?

I’m looking to change the Weber Signature S that I put in my Pro Junior IV. The Greenback and Weber Blue Pup are on my radar. The Signature was a great Improvement over the Jensen P10R, but I’m looking for that English midrange chime.

I’ve searched the web for days trying to find some good videos, but haven’t had much luck...

2. GreatGretsch

Jun 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh suburbs
    After talking to Weber today, I ordered the 30 watt Alnico Blue Pup with light dope. I’m excited to hear it!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Bertotti and CaliforniaSlim like this.
  3. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I haven’t tried a blue pup but I have a 2x12 that now has a silver bell and blue dog in it and they sound great but needed a bit of breaking in. I started with two Weber 1230-55 in it and pulled them out really quick because I didn’t like the tone but I didn’t know about break in time then. Turns out they were great speakers as well once broken in. So I would think you’ll love the Bluepup! Congrats!

GreatGretsch likes this.
  4. GreatGretsch

Jun 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh suburbs
    I’ve read, numerous times, the combo of those two speakers is special.

I’ll make sure I break the Pups in well...

5. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    It’s nice, what one lacks the other picks up.

6. GreatGretsch

Jun 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh suburbs
    The broken in Weber Signature S that I placed in PJ sounds much better than the Jensen P10R, that is now the standard speaker. I’m just looking for a British voicing.

7. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    You’ll get plenty of British from the Blue Pup I think. Do they make a smaller version of the silver bell?

8. GreatGretsch

Jun 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh suburbs
    Yes they do...The Silver 10
    https://www.tedweber.com/slvr10a

This speaker was on my short list. After explaining what I was looking for, C J (from Weber) thinks the Blue Pup will work better for me.

Bertotti likes this.
  9. GreatGretsch

Jun 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh suburbs
    The Blue Pup was delivered and sounds great! It definitely has the “chime” and clarity that I was looking for...I’ll give it a few days and post a full review.

Bertotti likes this.
  10. GreatGretsch

Jun 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh suburbs
    I’m really happy with the sound. It’s a huge improvement over th P10R that’s stock in the Pro Junior IV’s. Thanks for suggesting the Blue Pup, CJ, from Weber!

11. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I used to chat with Ted Weber and he always had the best speaker suggestions even if they weren't necessarily his own speakers. Honestly, I don't think I have ever had a bad Weber speaker the trick is getting the right one which is the case with any brand.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice