Blackstar HT-5

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by noelweller, Jan 11, 2009.

1. noelweller

noelweller Banned

Jun 25, 2008
    schaumburg
    there is a new 5 watter on the market making a stir. I know I have a rep of being a gear junkie.. LOL.. but this is just some info for those looking at Epiphones and Blackhearts... the mini stack head and 2 x 10 in cab is 599 at GC and the combo is 299 1x10 here is a vid showing the versitatility opf the amp.. Notice 55 seconds into the Gretsch comes out to play..

2. Thanks for the research on the smaller amps, Noel.

Hey, can you put a larger version of your avatar in one of your photo albums? It is hard to see, but looks interesting;)

3. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

I've read raves for those in more than one place.

Ish, you should be ashamed. That poor woman passed away a hand ful of weeks ago.

(Google 'Betty Page' and click on 'IMAGES'. She's beautiful. There are some topless images, if you're concerned with children looking over your shoulder. Or wives. Or wives sisters.)

4. noelweller

noelweller Banned

Jun 25, 2008
    schaumburg
    Yes I can, I will tell you it is Betty Paige with a Gretsch

5. noelweller

noelweller Banned

Jun 25, 2008
    schaumburg
    Now is there any first hand experiance with this amp?

6. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    Never heard of them before.

7. noelweller

noelweller Banned

Jun 25, 2008
    schaumburg
    Seems like it would be right up your alley, 5 watter that sopunds good with a Gretsch.... and cheap..

8. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    I'll stay with my Bose!

9. noelweller

noelweller Banned

Jun 25, 2008
    schaumburg
  10. DevilYouKnow

DevilYouKnow Country Gent

Jan 18, 2009
    Fog City USA
    Nice vid. Not a bad picker. I played the blackstar 15/5 (I think it is forget the model - a combo 2x12(I believe) at GC. That thing plain out rocked. Very fender/Mesa-ish but, since I was in the store - things staid real clean.

The 5-watter is going to be a little dirtier from what I hear. Not sure if there's an attenuator built in but there's something to do with the circuitry that promises major crunch factor at bedroom levels. I'm pretty interested in that amp. My thought initially was it may sound a little too "marshall" for my purposes. That said, I don't think Blackstar (cool name too) ever considered or would've considered my purposes. They just build nice boutique amps and sell them for a fair price. -B

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice