Black Rebel Guitar Club

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by markeebee, Jan 9, 2019.

1. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Oh I did ... but something had to go at the time in order to get the Martin HD-35
    I was given a Taylor 510 years ago by my wifes Aunt Jeanie in Maine ( York / Kittery ) after the uncle died , but I just could not bond with it . About 3 years ago at dinner my wife ask me out of the blue ( she has no interest in guitars ) " how much do you thing Uncle Henrys guitar is worth " ? Seemed the drunken drug addic pole swinging ( ooops , did I say that out loud :p) daughter of old Uncle Henry and Aunt Jeanie in California wanted the guitar after I had it for about 5 years , but really never bonded / or played . She send me a postal money order for the shipping so off it went . So I told the wife I really need 1 good acoustic in my hands . But I knew deep down I had to sell a guitar also . So I kept the 6120-1959 and sold the 5120 . Yea , I took a loss on the sale but I had it for 10 years so I feel I got my moneys worth out of it ..... sold it with the case and jack plate too :rolleyes:

2. Roger49

Roger49 Country Gent

Feb 18, 2015
    Germany
    I love the sunburst pre-FMI bass in the corner with its back to the camera. :cool::D

3. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Yeah, you chose to keep the right gal. I think anyone with a soul woulda definitely kept the 6120.
    Glad you got the right acoustic for you.
    I actually am without an acoustic for the first time ever. I just sold mine. Someday another will come my way. I haven’t played an acoustic gig in about 4 years. Meantime, my 5129 sounds great when I’m strumming unplugged on the couch.

thunder58 likes this.
  4. Lionpotato

Lionpotato Gretschie

Oct 10, 2018
    Upland
    E03DE89C-6D67-46FA-B193-DF97CB82445D.jpeg In broad daylight it’s still black!!!

5. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron

What about your 4003 ,you still have that ,don't you sir?

6. Jockabilly

Jockabilly Synchromatic

Sep 15, 2018
    Argyll
    Well this is my sole entry to the Black guitar thread and it is also my first acquisition of 2019.
    HB SCcustom.jpg

It's a Harley Benton SC Custom FR. This is the house brand of the Thomann music group in Germany. An incredible guitar for just £270 shipped to me! I really cannot believe the quality of this for the money. Genuine (not licensed) Floyd Rose 1000 trem, Grover tuners and two really nice Rosewell humbuckers with coil taps on a solid Mahogany (Swietania) body and neck. Action is incredibly low, sound is awesome for metal or clean tones with buckets of sustain. I can't find any fault with this guitar whatsoever and it shreds like a beast. Just wish they offered it in another colour than satin black.

Freshy, CaliforniaSlim, dak55 and 9 others like this.
  7. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I suppose it's my turn now...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one is so glossy, it's hard to tell that it's BLACK.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the only black Gretsch that I currently own:

[​IMG]

8. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

You betchya!
    Eric Clapton "Blackie" signature series Stratocaster
    Screenshot_20190110-223701_Gallery.jpg

2012 American Standard Stratocaster
    20130318_143203_zps3ded0ed0.jpg

and Martin J40M Bk
    20180729_202041.jpg

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  9. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Almost forgot about this one .......Maybe some of you remember that I have an " in " with the guy at our town dump . He calls me when someone throws away a guitar and then I clean them up and donate them to my favorite organization called " Guitars for Vets " .. G4v. Here's one he gave me last year . Polished it up and new strings is all it needed . No jack plate but it did come with a case ;) . This was a good player , really wanted to keep it but the organization is too important to me so off it went to a New Jersey Chapter :) IMG_0864.jpg

10. Stencil

Stencil Gretschie

Oct 19, 2009
    Gif-sur-Yvette, or the AF lounge
    My série noire :
    • My earliest purchase -- that escaped a house burglary, because I'd taken it on vacation (ever since then, I've had a good excuse for taking a guitar on holiday.) Bought this CIJ Keefcaster at Ishibashi in Shibuya, and over the years almost everything on the guitar has been swapped. In particular, the original WRHB was just a ceramic mini-bucker hidden underneath the flashy Fender pick cover. I replaced that with a Fender WRHB re-issue that was somewhat better, and finally (?) replaced both pickups with a matched custom set from The Creamery that has served me well.
    IMG_1819.jpg

• I came here a few years ago to get advice on which case to get for a Pro Jet purchase I was considering. Didn't buy the Pro Jet, learnt a little about Gretsch guitars and bought a Pro-Line Power Jet, in black of course...
    IMG_1110.jpg
    • My partner and I did the Route 66 drive from Chicago to Santa Monica a few years ago and I had my heart set on acquiring a Ric 360/12. We stopped in every guitar shop along the way and not a single decent example was to be seen. Drove up the coast to San Francisco, and there she was, in a shop in Haight-Ashbury. Doesn't get played much these days, but I view her as a rainy day investment.
    IMG_0569.jpg
    • It's a beautiful guitar, flawless, extremely playable and, with coil-tapped pickups, can do just about everything. Unfortunately, this Standard Traditional Pro (?!?) Les Paul is just too easy...especially for a ham-fisted player like me.
    IMG_1814.jpg
    `
    Enjoying this thread, hope I didn't bore you with too much verbiage.

Cheers,

11. Stencil

Stencil Gretschie

Oct 19, 2009
    Gif-sur-Yvette, or the AF lounge
    I've been waiting for a good excuse to acquire a Dan Armstrong Ampeg...

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  12. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    Always forget I have this Fender... mainly because I never play it. I'd sell it but it was a gift so...

IMG_6289.jpg

Freshy, nickurso, Trash Kidd and 5 others like this.
  13. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    258362E8-6F54-4AD9-AA2B-7694070F3996.jpeg 5EBD0C64-0C6C-4DFF-A3DD-5499D924C341.jpeg First guitar I ever bought, someone had some stock pups in the middle and neck and a hot rail in the bridge. I pulled that craptastic mix up out and installed the first gen hot noiseless. It already has the crazy pickgaurd on it. Very very fast neck. Not a fan of those tuners.

Freshy, CousinWarsh, nickurso and 5 others like this.
  14. Setzer fan

Setzer fan Electromatic

Feb 14, 2018
    Canton Michigan
    Here’s my black beauty!!

Attached Files:

Freshy, new6659, CousinWarsh and 6 others like this.
  15. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    24C0CFB7-CE1B-454A-8B45-051A55A0BFA5.jpeg
    My Squier strat I traded a pedal for last week.
    New loaded pickguard with alnico magnet pickups.
    New cheap locking tuners.
    Painted the headstock and added a Star Trek decal.
    Plays and sounds pretty good. Gotta spend more time with her before she gets a name.

Freshy, Tinman46, Trash Kidd and 4 others like this.
  16. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Nice tele! I had a MIM 72’ custom in black just like that. Miss her more than any guitar I’ve ever said bye to over the years.

Stencil likes this.
  17. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Freshy, Tinman46, wildeman and 3 others like this.
  18. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Looking great!!!

19. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Gretschie

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
    My only Gretsch, 1 of 16 LH Silver Falcon next to my 1979 LP Custom:

IMG_1518.png

I had a lefty Kramer Ferrington (hollowbody Tele), back in the late 80's that I pretty much hated the entire time I had it. It was terrible as an electric or an acoustic. It had a nice neck though.

Then there's this thing. My Schecter Baritone:
    Baritone_2048px_01.png

Tinman46 and G5422T like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice