Billy Zoom

Discussion in 'Gretsch-Talk Music' started by claypainter, May 11, 2019.

1. TeeDub

TeeDub Synchromatic

Jun 21, 2011
    Colorado
    A friend of mine was visiting me from California in 1980 and brought some new records to check out. One of them was Los Angeles. The combination of trashy rock and roll, beat poetry, discordant harmonies and Billy's slash and burn guitar style was exactly what I wanted to hear. A huge influence! My band had the honor of opening for X at the Mercury Café in Denver in 1983.

2. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Gretschie

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    I met Henry Rollins at the Mercury Cafe in 91 or 92. I used to hang out at Muddy's coffee shop all the time when I was in High School. I loved Denver at that age. Now I only ever get to go back for meetings. It's FAR less fun.

3. RomanS

RomanS Gretschie

May 26, 2010
    Vienna, Austria
    Been a big fan of X since my teen days in the 80s - back than, pre-Internet, it was hard to find out any band particulars if you lived a continent and an ocean away, but ever since I learned about Billy Zoom, I've been following what he's been doing...

montereyjack66 likes this.
  4. Hydroman

Hydroman Gretschie

Feb 29, 2016
    FUNtucky, Ca.
    X,,,yup,They are LOUD.

5. optofonik

optofonik Electromatic

Jan 25, 2016
    Somewhere, Wonderful
    How did Billy look? I've got tickets to see X with Reverend Horton Heat and The Damned this summer.

calebaaron666 likes this.
  6. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I’m so sorry, what a terrible line-up!
    Billy looked good when I saw them in 2017. He sat on a stool for much of the show, but in hindered his performance none.

7. montereyjack66

montereyjack66 Country Gent

Feb 29, 2012
    LA-ish
    Zoom.jpg
    HELL YES!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice