Bedroom volume levels blow..

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by slickfaster, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Hmm those don't seem to be consistent. If the Amplug is 95% less fun than the CD then it is 5% of the fun of the CD.

But your next sentence indicates (1-.65)(1-.25) = .2625 or 26.25% of the fun of the CD.

calebaaron666 likes this.
  2. BFTmarshall

BFTmarshall Gretschie

Jan 12, 2020
    York
    my MBR is a full blown studio these days..all sure do function at any volume ..whisper to thump(cept drums)
    2020 amps 1.jpg drumbed (2).jpg

3. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I started on an acoustic guitar. It's still the first thing I grab. Respect others.

4. mandobandit

mandobandit Gretschie

Apr 1, 2019
    Ohio
    My Collings D1A and Kopp K35 can be louder that the volumes I’m usually at with my DRRI juice box and Nocturne gear :)

Groutsch likes this.
  5. slickfaster

slickfaster Synchromatic

Dec 29, 2009
    USA
    47004F73-00ED-4187-9A3D-1B241E583B49.jpeg B1FF0BED-FE25-4845-AF11-8418A0E31DFD.jpeg D6E52F6B-073B-43C8-8761-F52054108F8C.jpeg
    Amazing.. I could use a cocktail kit n I’d have my Rockabilly bases covered..there’s a walk in closet not being utilized behind the door, behind the bass... 8’x8’ hmmm..?

BFTmarshall likes this.
  6. ramjac

ramjac Synchromatic

Aug 14, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Put another way, the first two clauses of the last full sentence express A as separate functions of CD and K. If we accept this as accurate, equate these expressions to solve for K as a function of CD and express as a percentage, we find that K is approximately 14% of CD. This would make the CD 7 times as much fun as the K. Thus a significant discrepancy with the last clause of the sentence, which establishes that CD is only 1.33 K. My assumption is that if there is any error in perception of relative enjoyment, it is the reported observation that A is .05 CD, and that .26 seems more reasonable. Any such error, if it can be called that, however, is likely due to the inherently subjective nature of determining relative enjoyment, e.g., by measuring the perceived amount of fun as an output with respect to the amount of effort required as an input, and may be further complicated by, e.g., a logarithmic relationship between input and output. There may not necessarily be a direct linear relationship between the fun you take and the fun you make.

This quarantine better end soon.

7. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Nope, the answer is 42. I have it on good authority.

calebaaron666 and new6659 like this.
  8. BFTmarshall

BFTmarshall Gretschie

Jan 12, 2020
    York
    Ahh man..those uprights..bass player here first & foremost..love em..great pics !! clothes who needs a closet? ..clothes out ISO room now..
    19 studio 6 (2).jpg 19 studio 8.jpg Closet 5 (2).jpg

new6659 likes this.
  9. slickfaster

slickfaster Synchromatic

Dec 29, 2009
    USA
  10. I’m thinking about building a sound proof booth to stick a mic’d 2x12 in and then a decent set of monitors for me

11. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Imo, the appropriate volume for playing at home outside of a sound proofed or remote room is what I would call "home theater volume". It is the loudest volume at which your family would watch any movie, presumably some action movie. Varies by family and home of course.

12. benderb9

benderb9 Newbie

Dec 10, 2019
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    I was using a Fender Greta with swapped out tubes until I picked up a used '57 Custom Champ. At 2-4 it is great and plays excellent with pedals too. It can get pretty loud above 4 and pairs nicely in stereo with a Vox AC10, VHT Special 6 and Fender SF Champ or Princeton.

13. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    The true appropriate volume is 3dB below the point where Mama screams, "TURN IT DOWN!!!"

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice