Because red is the color of the gods...

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by mikechandler, Oct 28, 2019.

1. DennisC

DennisC Gretschie

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    ... kind of still red ... on her way:

upload_2019-11-3_14-4-36.jpeg

Epiphone EB 0, work still in progress. I did a few dings and dongs and decided to repaint it - after I started taking off the massive coat of plastic I sure did regret this, it was almost 2 mm thick!

Anyway, painted the body in red - cut out a few templates and spraypainted these scattered around the body in different colours (white - light grey - dark grey - black - another slightly darker red), covered a few stripes and painted in dark grey.

Afterwards, I put a few red tinfoil stars on the areas not covered by the pickguard which is made from 2 mm aluminum.

Bridge pickup will be a Seymoud Duncan P-Bass splitcoil in angled position, as obvious, the bridge will be a Schaller 3D with a block of aluminum underneath it. So far it looks a lot better than I expected. I had a few mishaps during this process, though, but nothing I couldn't fix so far.

I guess this may still be red.

This is version 4 ... version 2 was a bridge pickup I know nothing about added, just a cheap try ... version 3 already had the ne bridge, with a stack of sheet metal underneath it, as it is built for a different arrangement of neck angle and stuff ... the new electronics keep me busy ... I'll get back on that when finished and tried out.

I like the randomly-patterned repeating elements in the red stripes. They still shine through the grey, which I decided to leave as is, because I ... like it. Looks a bit like rough-art - and so it's intended.

... wait for the result. It's gonna be cool.

2. Beardog

Beardog Country Gent

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    My 75' Super Chet 20180624_191621_HDR.jpg

dak55, new6659, audept and 6 others like this.
  3. DennisC

DennisC Gretschie

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    There was a Super-Chet hollowbody?

Hm... Cool ... I only knew the solidbody with a bunch of built-in effects ... this one is new to me. But, for sure, very interesting!

4. slickfaster

slickfaster Gretschie

Dec 29, 2009
    Redondo bch.
    F4419B38-415B-4C7F-BCE6-C411CCA562E8.jpeg Not Gretsch but... excuse the bucket

dak55, new6659, audept and 3 others like this.
  5. slickfaster

slickfaster Gretschie

Dec 29, 2009
    Redondo bch.
  6. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Well i suppose i’m a bit late to the game here considering we named one of the bands i contribute to after our red instruments and i completely forgot!
    6D9F9D0E-0EFF-473A-BD46-8EF8A614B510.jpeg
    We started out as The Scarlet Darlings but quickly changed when we found out that name was used by a very risque burlesque troop and we were writing songs with a Christ focus!

This is my one and only accoustic. Ive had others but they come and go. A 2002 Red Gibson L4A. My 40th birthday present from my dad. A keeper. Huge “Gibson” warmth. Never seen another in this finish. No idea what its worth. I named my third son Gibson. He will inherit it.
    879B5C8F-F192-41B6-85FB-D43580096024.jpeg

I owned this telecaster for about a month but it was an impulse purchase that went on the sacrificial block to fund a higher goal (a jag i think).
    453D03E9-7DF8-471A-B097-0433BDF129C3.jpeg

dak55, jdto, JeffreyLeePierre and 2 others like this.
  7. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Well i suppose my Super Chet is kinda dark red!;)

[​IMG]

Richie Sambora owns it now ya know!:cool:
    [​IMG]

8. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Also on the long gone list is my 90's MIJ Candy Apple Red 60's Strat,and 80's Fame Hondo 760/12.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dak55, jdto, Pcampbell and 2 others like this.
  9. JHall55

JHall55 Country Gent

Dec 18, 2012
    Ontario
    Had it a few months now, and if memory serves the only red guitar I’ve ever owned.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dak55, Frisco Kid, pmac11 and 4 others like this.
  10. jdto

jdto Electromatic

Apr 17, 2016
    Toronto
    My recently-acquired CVT

747FCE4A-4B86-433B-BE84-C77638AD418E.jpeg

dak55, new6659 and audept like this.
  11. Frisco Kid

Frisco Kid Electromatic

Aug 6, 2010
    DFW
    It’s mostly red? GMP Roxie with hot rod flames, kinda wish I had TV Jones Classics in it...

[​IMG]

jdto and dak55 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice