Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Back in the fold with a NGD

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by dazzajl, Aug 11, 2017.

1. musicman100

musicman100 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2008
    england
    I would hope it's in a different league to a duesenberg.

Enjoy

2. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Nobody puts baby in the corner!

3. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Quite lovely ,congrats sir!

4. dazzajl

dazzajl Country Gent

Apr 18, 2010
    wiltshire
    They certainly sound pretty hot to me. But growly and clear hot, rather than that thicker and warmer Powertron hot. And beyond that, I can't tell you what the differences are, other than it's clearly been designed to be quite a different beast from the one you'd expect from its looks.

The only real problem is that while I do love and it's going to be used and played out, I doubt I'll be truly worthy of it.

5. MatchlessMan

MatchlessMan Country Gent

Nov 29, 2010
    Swindon UK
    Nonsense. Anyway musical instrument ownership is not a meritocracy. And if you feel that bad, you can always get me to play it for you...

wilblee likes this.
  6. dazzajl

dazzajl Country Gent

Apr 18, 2010
    wiltshire
    What makes you think I'd consider you any more worthy? ;)

Something we need to discuss (still :oops:) over coffee and biscuits clearly

7. dazzajl

dazzajl Country Gent

Apr 18, 2010
    wiltshire
    Well of this isn't just plain old dirty and nasty tonal heaven, I don't think I'll ever find it.

A little time getting these two acquainted and getting some real ear ringing goodness at the same time.

IMG_6238.JPG

And while I'm here, a credit to the Gretsch CS for the most amazing aging job on this guitar. Thankfully, it's really not relicing as there's no damage to it anywhere. It's been aged to look like it's been crackling and tarnishing over decades of being beautifully looked after. Exquisite workmanship.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    MatchlessMan likes this.