Atomic Ampli-Firebox

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by emicad, Oct 23, 2017.

1. emicad

emicad Synchromatic

Jul 14, 2015
    Rome, Italy
    [​IMG]
    How cool is that?!
    I'm sure a lot of people here would like the idea, especially @TSims1

gtttrrr likes this.
  2. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Already looked into them and spoken with the owner. :)

I may be doing a video in the near future......

emicad, Henry and gtttrrr like this.
  3. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Is it just meant just for studio work, and integrating with a software, or could it be used live through the PA?

TSims1 likes this.
  4. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Absolutely meant for live(studio too of course). That’s why they’ve condensed it down into a pedal, to enable you to throw this on your pedalboard.

LivingMyDream likes this.
  5. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Cool! I have really enjoyed the Tech 21 Liverpool, and with semi-retirement/retirement coming up, I will be starting some downsizing in the near future. My daughter is practically begging me to come live with them (my son-in-law, too, or i wouldn't even consider it), so space for gear would be totally different. It would be nice to have a small PA for some live stuff, and a few pedals that can simulate amps/cabs, and give me a way to play without having different amps. I'd have to know more about what is modeled, but the Ampli-Firebox, could a cool pedal. Of course, if it's not for me, I would look at other Tech-21 boxes, since the Liverpool was so good.

Mudshark and TSims1 like this.
  6. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

It’s the future anyways, frankly. Actually, it’s the now.

LivingMyDream likes this.
  7. emicad

emicad Synchromatic

Jul 14, 2015
    Rome, Italy
    You bastard, I knew! :p

I guess you can use it right into a PA, right? It's like the Liverpool you're using, if I understand correctly.
    You can use it with an active cab or with a regular passive cab, you can go into your PC and play guitar through PC speakers too. I guess, I'm not an expert.

TSims1 likes this.
  8. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Lol. Correct. It has cabinet emulation onboard(which is tweakable with the software)that you can use for direct to PA or PC, or defeatable for use with amps or real cabinets. Highly useful piece if you ask me, PARTICULARLY considering the price point. Now we just hope it actually sounds good in a real world application.

9. GuitarJunkie

GuitarJunkie Gretschie

Feb 22, 2016
    Georgia
    Funny, this just got on my radar this week.

10. emicad

emicad Synchromatic

Jul 14, 2015
    Rome, Italy
    Do I need something special to connect it to my PC and hear the sound from PC speakers or headphone? I have a classic desktop PC, it's a gaming PC actually so it's pretty good.
    An alternative should be using it with my two passive cabs, but they're not neutral of course. Any ideas?

11. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Now that I’m not sure of, but it DOES have USB capability for deep editing on your PC/laptop so I’m thinking your computer very well may reckognize and accept it straight into the software program of your choice. If NOT, you can always just buy some sort of inexpensive interface like a Focusrite Scarlett..........the Fire Box would plug into THAT, and then the Scarlett into your computer.

emicad likes this.
  12. emicad

emicad Synchromatic

Jul 14, 2015
    Rome, Italy
    Yep, it is connectable to the PC via Atomic software, so I think you can use both PC speakers or headphones. I'm not sure about sound quality coming OUT of the PC, maybe you can enlight me? It's supposed to be flat/neutral like an active cab, right?
    I'll quote my own message in another forum:

13. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

That will depend on how you set it up. You can choose an amp model, and then you choose a speaker emulation. Those two elements dictate what you hear coming out of the speakers. Your computer speakers or headphones will have SOME color of course(an FrFr speaker is best for accurate representation)but should honestly sound excellent. I think you’ll really enjoy it. :)

Does that answer your question?

14. emicad

emicad Synchromatic

Jul 14, 2015
    Rome, Italy
    Yes.
    It seems that you can't hear the audio coming from PC speakers or headphones just connecting the pedal via USB and running the Software. The pedal should be connected to the Audio In of the the audio card, so I need to check my motherboard's specs to see if it's possible. If it is, I just need to get a decent pair of PC speakers, maybe some sort of a kit with 2 speakers and another one for bass, like the one I got for my TV.
    Playing with that box right in front of the PC and tweaking things in real time using the Software should be fun. An active cabinet would be a possible future choice, if I like this thing.

TSims1 and Mudshark like this.
  15. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

It was last week, tomorrow. Yesterday it's Paris.

TSims1 likes this.
  16. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Its the future of what? Soul-less beige performance w IEM??!!! Play a tube amp kids, eat some bacon w a bowie knife, maybe even slap your wife on the butt and make gutteral wolf howls! :) Mechanical interaction is everything.

[​IMG]

heinzman, TSims1, gtttrrr and 2 others like this.
  17. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I love the way you think!

18. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Hahahahahaha.........

Look, amps are cool. Truth is, I’m just not gonna own 20 of em. But I can approximate 20 of em with these newfangled devices. And all within a single gig if I want to! That’s cool too. And there ain’t a doggone thing soul-less about my performances. ;)

I get what you are saying of course. I prefer analog effects INTO amp modelers, for instance. How’s THAT for confusion?

toddfan likes this.
  19. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Synchromatic

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    So it's kinda this, only in pedal size?
    2017-10-24 21.04.32.jpg

20. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Synchromatic

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Dont take it wrong, I like my line 6, it's my "guest rig" when an extra shows up to play,,, and always get compliments on it.... Put it doesn't feed my pedal jones,,, only misses it slightly though :%/

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice