Artist Signature Models Poll

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Yukimajo, Jan 27, 2019.

1. MartyT

MartyT Gretschie

Apr 8, 2010
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    A few years ago I remember being enamored with the Andy Summers Telecaster, but not because of Andy Summers (although I think he's a terrific player), but because I thought it was a cool guitar with cool features. But it was too expensive....for a parts guitar.:D
    I did buy an Eric Johnson Strat once, because my buddy had one of the early ones and his was a great guitar. It was intelligently designed. But mine was a rosewood board version, and it was deader than a doornail. I sold it almost immediately and bought my first Gretsch. A Duo Jet DSV! So, it actually all worked out.......

2. MKunie

MKunie Synchromatic

Feb 8, 2012
    Vegas,USA
    Fender should do a Setzer bassman Amp reissue.

pmac11 and Alberta_Slim like this.
  3. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I have 2 sigs. A PRS SE Tremonti, cause I wanted something better for my then Epiphone budget. And an Epiphone JB1 Firebird, cause I always liked Firebirds and single pickup guitars, plus I don’t have a dislike for JB either so...

739437D7-83A8-4265-81CB-AADDB05AF212.jpeg

Only sig model I currently like is the Epiphone Thorogood but I already have the real thing.

Yukimajo likes this.
  4. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
    I bought guitars based on artists using them, but the only signature on a guitar i own is Les Paul.
    The Gretsch sig models ive played are great.

Yukimajo likes this.
  5. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Synchromatic

Aug 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have this Reverend Rick Vito Signature at present, and while I admire his playing (even though I, myself, am not a slide player), I would have purchased the guitar without his being associated with it -- in fact, I appreciate Vito's modesty in having his endorsement appear only in the form of his signature on the rear of the headstock.

Reverend Rick Vito Signature Oceanside Green.JPG

The same holds true for the Peavey Steve Cropper, Peavey Jerry Douglas, Gibson Johnny A., and Fender Robben Ford artist models I've had in the past. All just -- like the Reverend Vito -- great guitars.

Given its features, if Reverend ever offers the Koch Gristlemaster in a color I like (hint: see the Oceanside Green above), it'd be hard for me to resist, not because Koch is a monster player -- he is, of course -- but because I love T-style guitars and his is a terrific take on that classic design.

Henry and Yukimajo like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice