Are they making a mockery of the U.S. Anthem, or what?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Stingker, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stingker

Stingker Country Gent

Aug 31, 2010
    California
    Does anyone really believe this rendition is anything like a 'Respectful' U.S. National Anthem? :eek:

Warning: I found it way too much of an abomination!
    Could U.S. enemies be behind this? - Sounds like it to me!

Considering how many millions of dollars every few seconds of air-time cost during half-time of the Super Bowl, it's not feasible it was any kind of a 'mistake' or happenstance. It had to be deliberate!

I call it a disgusting mockery.

Tom - Stingker

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. Fchaudry

Fchaudry Gretschie

Nov 16, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah I dont get why no one can ever remember the lyrics. Its just one stanza... geez.

3. Lee Erickson

Lee Erickson Country Gent

Apr 20, 2009
    Eagan, MN
    I think it was OK. A muffed word here and there doesn't make much difference to me.

Lee

4. gigatron

gigatron Country Gent

Oct 9, 2008
    Slovenia
    I've heard it's a very difficult song to sing. Fortunately for me, "O Canada!" is quite easy.

[​IMG]

5. ToneJunkie

ToneJunkie Gretschie

Dec 12, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I don't think the National Anthem should be a medium for fancy, diva-like, activity. Sing it straight, sing it true.

6. vulture

vulture Banned

Jun 26, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    I have long had a preference for this version, & they know the lyrics.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKCVS57j284"]YouTube - The Cactus Cuties sing The National Anthem Original Video[/ame]

7. ToneJunkie

ToneJunkie Gretschie

Dec 12, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Vulture, exactly.

Goosebumpy good.

Them young ladies got some talent.

8. bobkat

bobkat Country Gent

Jun 2, 2008
    Valparaiso Indiana
    I have a 13 year old cousin that sings it ten times better that Crustine Hagulaira! That was the worst and the halftime show sucked as well! I want Brian Setzer next year!!

9. Topfooldugster

Topfooldugster Electromatic

Jan 9, 2011
    108 MIle Ranch BC
    I love the Cactus cuties version. As for the superbowl, I thought Christina did what too many singers try to do and put their own spin on it. Sometimes it works, but often, like her version, it bombs! I actually thought the whole halftime show sucked musically. And as a bonus , this year the TV gurus in the Canadian government allowed the cable/dish companies to pre-empt the commercials for crappy (really crappy!) local commercials. I saw most of the good commercials on my daughters ipod. At least I enjoyed the game...

10. Stingker

Stingker Country Gent

Aug 31, 2010
    California
    OKAY! - Strummerson, Thanks!

That was way better than Christina Aguilara!

Tom - Stingker

11. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    hey bobkat , how DO we get brian setzer next year ?

12. dazzajl

dazzajl Country Gent

Apr 18, 2010
    wiltshire
    in a word, no. Producing divas that can murder a song at one hundred paces, using nothing more than vocal range and bad taste is one of your home grown achievements sadly.

13. MrVanDango

MrVanDango Gretschie

Sep 24, 2010
    Hemel Hempstead, Britain
    Have to agree... :D

In this world were celebrity matters so much more than talent can anyone say they're really surprised! :confused::confused::confused:

14. guitarmaker

guitarmaker Synchromatic

Mar 1, 2010
    Oley, PA
    It sucks that she bombed it but a few years back she did come up with this, which just so happened to not get much airplay. I'm always a sucker for pinup/WWII style. I can't help it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu-7rPdFjvI

15. Manic

Manic Country Gent

Dec 5, 2009
    Christina has a nice voice. It is a shame the way she chosen to use it. In general, I attribute the lack of reverence for the National Anthem to a general irreverence for American patriotism.

If I answer any further, it dives into politics. Sorry. Sensitive topic for me.

16. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    Maybe next year they should use the Military choir to sing it, I also think they should use the Military marching band at 1/2 time. After all, that's what they use to do.

17. Noizemaker

Noizemaker Gretschie

Yikes. That was a bit painful to endure. I am embarrassed for my southern brothers (and sisters).

Here is how we do it for you up here - then we go a little off the hook for our own...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yTULN20fR0"]YouTube - Gordie Johnson performs the National Anthems on the ice[/ame]

18. 6stings

6stings Friend of Fred

Aug 14, 2010
    Norway
    I can't even recognise the US Anthem. What? No one else was available?

19. razor

razor Synchromatic

Sep 26, 2009
    Hamilton, Ont, Canada
    Nice one!.....Gordie Rocks!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice