SOLD Arch Top guitar Pickup, Symphonic Mike!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by freddyfingers, Sep 22, 2019.

I got this to use with a arch top acoustic. I have since had a pickup installed in the saddle, and no longer have a arch top it will fit on. The pickup says Symphonic Mike, by National Polytronic Made in USA. The little info i found on these, is that The monkey on the stick by dearmond already had a solid market hold, and this company was no longer in existence sometime in the 50’s. I never had a Dearmond on a stick to compare it to, but this sounds warm if you slide it up towards the neck. A little further back and some treble comes out. Volume knob works as it should, and it has about 6 feet of original cable attached with a quarter inch plug. It’s not a permanent install. You unscrew two screw on the metal plate, fit it on the strings behind the bridge and thats it. Pickup slides on stick. Easy peasy.

I paid about 150 for this plus shipping. I would ship it out for 150. Or make a reasonable offer. I’m not using it, maybe someone here will.

Can’t think of anything within the price i would trade for as i am downsizing yet again. But it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Attached Files:

1. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    These are cool from what i've read and are pretty rare one year only manufactured( '49-'50), ive never seen one in person to try but ive heard it compares well to a DeArmond of which i have several.

2. It was definitely cool, looked cool on the guitar, and had a unique sound. Now its off to Georgia.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice