Anyone make their?

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Bertotti, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I'm looking at schematics and thinking I will give it a shot. I might breadboard one first, a winter project since that will be hitting sooner then later, and see what sort of tweaks I can get away with. Not sure what type to make though.

I have a carbon copy, and analog chorus from MXR
    The RC Booster
    original rc1 looper
    Barber LTD SR
    Jangle Box
    I believe I will be getting a Soul Driven for my birthday or Christmas.

I could use some kind of a blender pedal and switcher but what would you think would be just fun to add to what I have?

Thanks you enablers!

2. Kitvin713

Kitvin713 Gretschie

Jan 10, 2017
    Fresno, CA, U.S.A.
    I've been wanting to build a pedal for a while now. I've modded my ds-1 and my joyo vintage overdrive. From what I hear drive pedals are the best to start with. Check out the PG distortion it's billed as a beginner project... course it's possible that you are an electrical engineer. In which case build a loop switcher with power supply

3. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Ironically enough I am an electronics tech. I have built a tube reverb with vibrato, sadly the vibrato has taken a turn for the worse so I need to track that down. But started like and an electricians mate in the Marines cockpit instrumentations and electronics on RF4b's.

I was wondering how I could combine a silicon and germanium fuzz pedal into one, which is why I want to bread board it but that is a long term winter project because I am not an engineer, I fix their stuff once they finish making it hard to work on. haha

Anywho, yea I was curious who has tackled their own projects and or what projects you guys think might be worthy and or fun not just in the building but in the playing. Thanks!

4. Tinman46

Tinman46 Country Gent

Dec 19, 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
    Bertotti likes this.
  5. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I have a box full of pedal projects stashed away.
    Unfortunately I've waited so long my eyesight and hand "steadiness" have deteriorated beyond usefullness.:oops:
    Do it, do it now.

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.id/?m=1

Bertotti likes this.
  6. Kitvin713

Kitvin713 Gretschie

Jan 10, 2017
    Fresno, CA, U.S.A.
    In THAT CASE throw the beginner nonsense out the window build the fuzz you mentioned I like fuzz faces personally I know it's not too difficult to add a switch to change out diodes. I like the sound of leds. They make everything sound more... girthy and aggressive.

Bertotti likes this.
  7. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    A Wah-Wah, or a Wah-Fuzz, a Phasor... It would be compulsory for Soul / Funk / Disco stuff, but it may not be your taste, and it's me, OK :D ?

A+!

Bertotti likes this.
  8. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I forgot to note it above but I do have a micro q-tron, I treat it like an auto wah, but a wah isn't a bad idea, I don't have a wah pedal, it might be fun building the hardware for that.

Thanks every one!

9. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Yes, I should have one... It's a really funky pedal !

If you are tooled for, why not ?

As this is not my case, then I use leftover Wah or Volume pedal casings. This one is a combination of a Wah with Q and frequency controls plus a RAT distortion 1981 Rev. B, the whole put in a FoXX empty casing. I had to rebuilt the rack and pinion system, which was missing :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A+!

10. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    HAHAHA, That is great! All the colors! I could see one of Santa's elves rocking that baby!

I think you have convinced me but I think I might go for a more steam punk look. What is Wah with Q. Wah is completely new to me and Qtron is the closest I ever got. I thought it was all the same in the pedal world. Yea, I know I have a lot to learn.

Might be good down the road the design one with a compressor built in just for it. Seems from my reading it can be tricky finding a WAH compressor combo that works well together. Later later though. I think this will be good start to the pedal world. Just as a Wah with Q?

Time to go google.

11. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Thanks !

In fact, the Q control is the intensity of the wah effect peak resonance. It would be more or less the equivalent of the Intensity control pot of your Q-Tron.

I'm not sure that a wah-compressor combo is very interesting, but OK, I also must confess that i'm not a compressor user and fan...

You will find all the requested infromations via Google for your projects, indeed. If not done, having a look to DIYstompboxes forum is of great interest too.

A+!

Bertotti likes this.
  12. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Well, I don't know if these stompboxes can be considered as "SteamPunk" looking...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... But at least, they can be regarded as "Retro-Cool", as one forum member qualified them.

A+!

thunder58 and Bertotti like this.
  13. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I would agree they have that retro cool look, kind of post apocalyptic. Love it!

14. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Country Gent

May 14, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    I been building my own for a while, it's a lot of fun. I've built from kits:
    1. Octavia
    2. Big Muff
    3. Compressor
    4. Klone
    I built fully from scratch a twin-tube OD, and have the parts to try a different take on a delay, tube-bias tremolo, and a couple flavors of amp-in-a-box. I also set up an acoustic preamp in an external enclosure so I could avoid drilling into my 5120.

15. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

16. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Yes, exactly. And there's numerous examples of "SteamPunk" releases here !

The only drawback of this forum being its architecture which is a bit "messy", so finding or retreiving tips in the huge mass of informations isn't an easy operation. But it's me, OK :D ?

A+!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice