Anybody watched the dirt?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by nickurso, Mar 31, 2019.

1. stiv

stiv Synchromatic

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    Man, after I read “Dear Boy: The life of Keith Moon” there’s not much debauchery that surprises me for real. :)

nickurso and MotorCentaur like this.
  2. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    I decided to read the book and while entertaining to a degree, one part in it just greatly disturbs me. Now, I'm not really one to be in the "Person did xyz so I'm not buying their product" crowd but in this case I just can't hear any of their songs without thinking about this.

Chapter 12, by Nikki Sixx, about 5 swipes in on the Kindle:

"For tens years solid, we had been invincible. No one could touch us. Tommy and I had raped a drunk girl in the closet, and she had forgotten about it."

There have been a couple of articles on the matter and the story changes every time. $%^&ing animals.

Armygirl likes this.
  3. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Pretty outrageous claim, good for a couple of hundred extra copies sold, and since the girl doesn't remember anything, a perfectly safe admission. Yawn.

4. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I read Watch you Bleed:The Saga of Guns n’ Roses by Stephen Davis a few years back. They make Crüe look like the weak frat boys they really are.
    Also, can’t stand dramatizations of bands in movies. Always looks cheesy to me.
    Never liked them.

5. scrimmer

scrimmer Electromatic

Apr 6, 2019
    North Carolina
    Another former '80's punker here. Never understood the whole 'look like a girl, act like a super macho frat boy' thing myself.
    Never cared for hair metal back then, don't care now.

blueruins, calebaaron666 and CKC411 like this.
  6. CKC411

CKC411 Electromatic

Jan 20, 2018
    Florida, USA
    I am not sure why I have such an aversion to hair bands from that era. I will say this... were I a crue fan, I would have likely enjoyed the film. The closest thing I can think of is Control about Joy Division and Ian Curtis, but that was a good film. I would guess people could watch and enjoy in spite of the music. Dirt seemed more to me to be akin to a Lifetime movie, but with boobs and profanity. If you loved the band, you will likely really enjoy the film. I will say that there were things that I knew nothing about, so at the very least, loathe them less than before seeing the film. The part about Mars and his health issues I could totally relate too and the tragedy of both Razzle and Neil's kid... that was awful and I can see why he would become such a train wreck. I would give the movie a solid C, which is pretty good since I do not like any of their music.

nickurso likes this.
  7. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    I didn't know how but YouTube seems to know I sa the dirt movie as it pushes me some more motley 's. Thus I watched the one dedicated to "fest crue" which reunite the band few years ago. They tried to show that actual teenage are crazy about those tattooed old things. But one thing is very funny is the singer 's voice... he's so thin and trebly he could overdub mickey mouse.

Tattooed mickey mince band.

8. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    I can't see how admitting to rape is safe in any way, shape or form these days with the Internet Lynch Mob.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice