Anybody here put TV Jones in an Electromatic Jet?

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by maverick-tx, May 14, 2019.

1. maverick-tx

maverick-tx Electromatic

Feb 7, 2017
    TX
    I put some HS Filter’Trons in my 2016 Pro Jet and I’m thinking about putting TVs in my new Jet, a 2018 model. Can’t decide between a set of Setzers, Classic Plus bridge + Setzer neck, Classic Plus bridge + Classic neck, or Power’Tron bridge + Setzer neck. I primarily play guitar heavy modern worship music. Pretty gainy at times with some higher gain lead stuff but still needs to get super clean and chimey. Can anyone speak from experience? Thanks.

2. jarrodtaylor

jarrodtaylor Electromatic

Mar 14, 2019
    Delray Beach, FL
    Not an Electromatic, but I ended up with Setzers in my Players Edition Jet. I tried the Classic Plus bridge and Setzer neck combo first and while each pickup on its own was excellent they didn’t blend well at all. The Classic Plus is the higher gain of the two, but not by much. The Setzers can pull off classic rock gain pretty well, but not modern rock gain. And they clean up really well.

The classics seem to have more mids while the Setzers more highs and lows — possibly why they didn’t blend well.

I’m keeping the Classic Plus though. It’s about to go in my Anniversary along with a regular Classic neck.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice