Any skateboarders?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by calebaaron666, Jan 24, 2020.

1. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    A dear friend of mine out in San Diego made a skate video featuring a song recorded by my band.
    Pretty sweet!
    Oh, and his skating is pretty hot too!

2. CousinWarsh

CousinWarsh Synchromatic

Jun 24, 2018
    Western NY
    Awesome stuff! I lived on a skateboard as a young teen, loved that! Nice playing on there too.

calebaaron666 likes this.
  3. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Thanx!
    Me too, but I haven’t really skated since my early twenties. As I’ve gotten older I’ve become more familiar with my mortality:D
    My buddy in the video never stopped and he’s in his 40’s now.

CousinWarsh likes this.
  4. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Cool stuff @calebaaron666 . I never did skate boarding but I did roller skate ( rink ) for years , from when I was a kid right up to about my 30's . Roller Derby is what I really liked but there where no teams near me .

5. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Badass! I skated for years, mid '80s to mid '90s, had a blast. I'm smart enough to keep my fat a$$ off them now (most of the time). I have friends that still skate in their 40s and even 50s but the stakes are too high for me, i break myself and NO income for my family. Your friend is an excellent street skater btw.

6. CousinWarsh

CousinWarsh Synchromatic

Jun 24, 2018
    Western NY
    Yeah I used to bounce when I fell off, these days mortality is all too real.

new6659 and calebaaron666 like this.
  7. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I never skated but rode Flatland BMX for years. Lots of great times and some hard crashes. The song sounds great btw.

8. rob batz

rob batz Synchromatic

Apr 17, 2014
    Bristol ct.
    Was a mini ramp skater for years when I was young , I still skate ramps now and again when I can

johsonrod likes this.
  9. National19

National19 Country Gent

Jan 4, 2014
    Ottawa Canada
    Was a skater from late 80’s to late 90’s, also did BMX from the late 80’s to around 2010, sold my last bike a few years ago. I’m in the same boat as many above, if I get injured now I don’t heal as fast and my family will be out my income, plus being injured sucks. I have considered getting back into BMX though.

your buddy is a great skater, cool song to!

Merc and calebaaron666 like this.
  10. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Yeah. same boat here.
    My buddy in the vid worked for Toy Machine silk screening boards forever. I dunno if he still does or not.

johsonrod likes this.
  11. mschafft

mschafft Synchromatic

Jan 19, 2017
    Switzerland
    Old school tricks. Cool vid!

12. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    very cool! I'm getting brittle so I just glide around on my Dogtown Skates long board while my youngest tears it up on his ramps. yes we have 2 quarter pipes in the driveway. so whitetrash

13. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    When I was a kid in the seventies I used to build skateboards from rollersate-spares. Had a lot of fun.

Today I anxiously witness my 21-year old son who just bought a board that is totaly illegal over here. He is a long time longboard-fan and bought an electric one that runs 45 km per hour. Knowing him he will not wear any helmet. I am really in fear that he could possibly hurt himself.

14. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    "Skateboard is all I do, skateboard, I'm better than you
    Ollie in the deep end, backside air over your chin"

Was a skate punk in the mid 80's

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  15. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I was a skater most of the 80s & early 90s before bailing started to hurt too bad.

Good stuff on the video, the skating & the song!

16. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I regrettably didn’t wear a helmet when I should’ve. The worst was when I was coming down on a quarter pipe too close to the edge. Rolled off and landed literally full speed and face first from about 7 feet off the ground. Another time the back of my head landed on a steel sewer lid. It took years to show up but now I suffer headaches from my neck being messed up. I wish him luck if he doesn’t wear one at that speed. But he may deem it uncool to wear.

My other bad injury was in my mid 30’s. I was doing a spastic flatland trick, lost control and landed on the side of my foot. The sound of dislocating your foot and snapping off the tip of your Tibia is un-forgetting. Now I have less range of motion even after having the hardware removed. And I can feel the early arthritis kicking in from breaking it across the joint. If we could only go back and change a few decisions in our life on certain days.

new6659, loudnlousy and ZackyDog like this.
  17. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I grew up on a gravel road. By the time skateboards showed up, I had my driver's license. I'm way too brittle these days to even look at those. My youthful craziness was dirt bikes.

18. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Spring of 1977:

Not mine, but my mother bought something like this one for my brother and I to share.

[​IMG]

I had wipe-out after a day or two that left me with a couple of cuts and bruises so that was the end of my skateboarding career :(

It had a great aroma: the new plastic and polyurethane wheels(!)

new6659 likes this.
  19. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Like means thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear/read that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice