Any Love for Orange Amps?

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by donvegas, Feb 22, 2017.

1. donvegas

donvegas Electromatic

Feb 16, 2017
    los angeles
    I know most folks on a Gretsch forum probably love fender amps, as I do also, but wanted to see if there are any Orange fans here. I've got an AD-15 that just sounds great for a bit of a dirtier clean tone or full out overdriven classic rock sound. It's a class A 15 watt amp and gets plenty loud even when playing with a full rock band. I've had it for a long time but haven't played in a rock band for almost 10 years. I fired it up tonight to play my Penguin through it kept thinking, man I'm glad I held onto this amp

2. JHall55

JHall55 Country Gent

Dec 18, 2012
    Ontario
    I had a RockerVerb 50 with a 212 for a while. I loved it. I had a Tiny Terror with a 112 cab many, many years ago and it was also great. Wish I still had the RockerVerb...but there's only so much room in the house.

Rodi likes this.
  3. StJohn

StJohn Country Gent

Jun 5, 2008
    North Louisiana
    Oh yes, for sure....I'd love to have an OR15 or the newer 15 watter they have for some lower volume grit. I love the look and the sound. I like their cabs too. I was also pleasantly surprised by the sound of the little Micro Terror!

4. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Always loved the OR15's.

5. ampe

ampe Country Gent

May 11, 2011
    belgium
    [​IMG]
    Best amp in the world!
    Well perhaps not the best amp in the world but for it's size and it's pice it's pretty damn amazing!

6. donvegas

donvegas Electromatic

Feb 16, 2017
    los angeles
    Nice! The Micro Terror is very cool. They had them on sale at GC for $120 the other day. I gotta think that it's a huge seller for Orange. Does it take pedals in front of it pretty well?

7. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    I've never owned one but my uncle use to own a 30 or 50 watt 2x12 combo from back in the late 70's or early 80's ,great sound from that thing,especially when i plugged my aul 6120 in!

If ya can believe it,he give it away,and not to me or my cousin, who offered to buy it the year before.:rolleyes:

8. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Yeah I like em lots for OD and distortion :)

9. Lizardkinged

Lizardkinged Friend of Fred

Oct 5, 2009
    Michigan
    I have a Dark Terror. It's loud, but it has no clean headroom. It's already pretty broken up even on it's "lower gain" settings. I like it. Fast fast fast.

I want to get one of the OR-50s too eventually :).

GVDobler likes this.
  10. ampe

ampe Country Gent

May 11, 2011
    belgium
    Well i mostly use it when i don't want to use the whole pedalboard and get option paralysis and just want to use one guitar with one amp on one setting and just use the volume and tone controls to change the tone.

But i did get a aby switcher so i can use that instead of my main amp, or to use two at the same time and it really does sound quite good with pedals.
    But i don't know what it would be like to use it day to day as my pedaltaking amp.

11. donvegas

donvegas Electromatic

Feb 16, 2017
    los angeles
    IMG_0601.JPG
    Rocking Out!

b80_ likes this.
  12. Dead Roman

Dead Roman Country Gent

Dec 22, 2015
    Texas
  13. technomouse

technomouse Electromatic

Feb 24, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    I digress, but I did reach some interesting search results on eBay whilst hunting down a Dual Dark last night...? (My dream amp for drone metal)

[​IMG]

audept and Lizardkinged like this.
  14. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Gay Sports Jocks for overdrive?? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

PDogga, technomouse and wabash slim like this.
  15. dazzajl

dazzajl Country Gent

Apr 18, 2010
    wiltshire
    I have little SS Orange and it's a fab wee beastie. Just love that warm fuzzy thing that only Orange seem to offer.

16. technomouse

technomouse Electromatic

Feb 24, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    The kind of overdrive that only a jock strap can deliver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

audept likes this.
  17. b80_

b80_ Electromatic

Jun 21, 2018
    Mississippi, USA
    I love my Dual Terror and 2x12 Open Back cab with my G5420T! I feel like I'm able to push the amp harder with this Gretsch. It gives me that "edge of breakup" sound that I love!! They're a great match!!

[​IMG]

Bertotti and pmac11 like this.
  18. Sarah93003

Sarah93003 Friend of Fred

I tried to bond with an Orange Crush but just couldn't. I sold it and bought a Carvin Vintage 16. I was much happier.

pmac11 and Lizardkinged like this.
  19. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    How does it sound thru the Micro Dark?

b80_ likes this.
  20. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Gay as in colourful? :) :)