Any LA cats down for a meet up some day?

Discussion in 'Gretschtogether' started by ErickT94, Mar 25, 2020.

1. ErickT94

ErickT94 Electromatic

Feb 13, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Been wanting a “peer review” of my gretsch from someone more experienced than me. Also would be cool to compare pick ups and explore tones. If anyone is down to meet up sometime after this madness it would be great! I’m in the inner city Los Ángeles area.

Capsid likes this.
  2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Great idea ....after the madness . I do this about once a year for a " Meet and Great " at the Martin Guitar Factory ....then we all do lunch . Great to meet with the G-T community .
    Best with it Erick

3. ErickT94

ErickT94 Electromatic

Feb 13, 2020
    Los Angeles
    that sounds like a great time. Meeting with people with the same hobby/passion would be very productive. Let’s hope this thing blows over quickly

thunder58 likes this.
  4. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    @Hydroman and I briefly discussed setting up another SoCal Gretsch Jam for this spring/summer, but haven't discussed anything recently since Christmas. He setup one in 2018 out in Fontana but then in 2019 schedules didn't work out. There was about 22 people that showed up in 2018 along with Joe Carducci. I won a resonator in the raffle. Thats maybe somehting you could looke forward to or stay on the list for future info.

However, if you're up for doing a smaller type thing without Joe and less official and just some of the online folks, then I think that's cool too. I'm down.

larryr and Capsid like this.
  5. ErickT94

ErickT94 Electromatic

Feb 13, 2020
    Los Angeles
    I was thinking way smaller than that but hey that sounds hella fun too! I’ll keep this thread in mind for the future I really want to explore other Hollowbody tones and my get some set up tips for my guitars

6. slickfaster

slickfaster Synchromatic

Dec 29, 2009
    USA
    Will there be live acts, beer and rods?? I’m in.... Oh n Tattoo pin up girls to photo with...yep.....n BBQ
    With RV parking case ya get too ripped...in the summer... round Acton.. KOA Camp grounds!!! They got a pool!
    Ok now I’m all in!!!

larryr likes this.
  7. larryr

larryr Gretschie

Mar 6, 2012
    Camarillo, Ca.
    Ya had me at tattoo pinups......

I'm definitely down for another southern California Gretsch Gathering

19cad61 likes this.
  8. Hydroman

Hydroman Gretschie

Feb 29, 2016
    FUNtucky, Ca.
    Im still Working normal hours, but this stay at home thing has got me playing my guitars alot more than usual lately.

Yes , I agree we need another SoCal GRETSCH Jam in the future.

larryr and 19cad61 like this.
  9. montereyjack66

montereyjack66 Country Gent

Feb 29, 2012
    LA-ish
    Raises hand. Puts it back down. Raises hand. Puts it back down...grabs a shot glass...

10. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice