Any Kemper profiler players here?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by samdevos, Sep 17, 2019.

1. samdevos

samdevos Gretschie

Jun 26, 2009
    belgium
    Any Kemper profiler players here?
    If so ? Do you like it? And Who can do a profile of a blondeshell or 63 bassman ?? :rolleyes:

2. unknown fan

unknown fan Gretschie

Aug 7, 2018
    Tn
    I don't have a Kemper, but I do run a Helix Floor and think both platforms are top shelf for running direct into FOH and yes you can get closer to the real deal than most ears could ever tell the difference in person. Side by side, I can't tell it apart from my AC 15 limited or my Princeton. Now this is coming from an old school old man mind you and I'd love to have a blonde bombshell when I can afford one, but pound for pound and decibel for decibel modeling has come a long way and I'm pleased with the wide palette of realistic tones it offers.

3. samdevos

samdevos Gretschie

Jun 26, 2009
    belgium
    Yeah , but it would be cool if you could compare the profile you play with the real deal , now i think something like the real deal will sound alot better but i cant know .
    I'm using it at home with a frfr cab. And i like it alot for home practice . I owned many amps in the past and they all were to loud for home use. This one can do headphones ,record ,and sounds great and quiet for home use. Its just a bit overwhelming and your entering the rabbit hole with this I mean you have like 1000's profiles to choose from happy hunting... XD

toddfan likes this.
  4. Setzerhotrod

Setzerhotrod Country Gent

Oct 26, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    I am using one. There are a bazillion profiles out there for it. The problem is that it takes a lot of time to go through a bazillion profiles. The best amps on my list are Dumbles, at least for now. The amount of on board stereo effects are really great too. I use mine stereo out direct to FOH with in-ear monitors. I’d prefer to have a wedge and volume on stage (not my department) , but it does deliver fantastic sound.

rockinforJesus likes this.
  5. yeatzee

yeatzee Electromatic

Sep 16, 2019
    Oceanside
    Yep I use a Kemper (and Helix actually) as well as some tube amps. The kemper is amazing, the free packs from Tone Junkies alone will sort you out for a lifetime. I've profiled two amps before in a studio environment and from the control room with both going through the same studio monitors you couldn't tell which is which. In fact I profiled a guys custom amp he had built, 1 of 1 and his go-to sound and he very slightly preferred the sound of the kemper when we compared them.

unknown fan likes this.
  6. toddfan

toddfan Synchromatic

Mar 12, 2012
    Kansas
    I'm also using a Kemper for home use (I have not played a "gig" in decades). And like yeatzee above (at least I assume so), I love the Tone Junkie profiles. I've bought their "Everything" pack and I will never begin to get through all of the profiles. As a comparison, I've got a DRRI, and Genz Benz Black Pearl and a Quilter MicroPro. I keep telling myself that I should sell them, because the Kemper is my "go-to". It is perfect for my situation.

yeatzee likes this.
  7. samdevos

samdevos Gretschie

Jun 26, 2009
    belgium
    What do you guys think when they sell these profiles i mean, its a thin line to walk you basically steal something right? What if i would like resell a amp someone had build. I bet that guy would be pissed and i do not think you can do something about it. Because is still something that "sounds like" it.

8. Funky54

Funky54 Gretschie

Aug 12, 2010
    Florida
    I just turn my iPhone up all the way for the audience to enjoy.

Lionpotato likes this.
  9. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    I'm very intrigued by the whole Kemper/Helix concept (I do understand that they are different animals with some overlap) and while I, too, am an old school mindset kinda cat, I also understand that the technology is getting better and better and is definitely heading more and more in this direction. That said, when seriously trying to decide which way I was going to go; traditional pedalboard or Kemper/Helix, I sat down and spent some time with a Helix floor and a PowerCab Plus. My problem was that while the sounds I was able to get were almost there, the moves I needed to make to take things further involved such a deep dive into the minutia of settings and that it started to drive me crazy.
    Ultimately I decided that I'd rather spend a little more money so I can each down and just turn knobs on real pedals or on real amps.

Maybe we'll someday get to some kind of neural connection system and we'll be able to control our rigs by thinking "Give me a wet/dry setup with a Dumble and a Matchless DC-30!"

10. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I don't care. If those other companies had built the profiles, different story, but here Kemper and users use tech created by Kemper to mimic sounds.

Bertotti likes this.
  11. Funky54

Funky54 Gretschie

Aug 12, 2010
    Florida
    My new rig. I don’t have to haul all that weight around. I don’t even have to go to the venues anymore. I just call in and they mic the phone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bertotti and Wozob like this.
  12. reckless toboggan

reckless toboggan Electromatic

Jul 22, 2019
    Canada
    Nice pedal board. Super jealous.

Bertotti and Wozob like this.
  13. Funky54

Funky54 Gretschie

Aug 12, 2010
    Florida
    I know... you should see my Corvette app.

14. EESmith

EESmith Electromatic

Jun 6, 2019
    Plymouth, IN
    Haters gonna hate.

unknown fan likes this.
  15. samdevos

samdevos Gretschie

Jun 26, 2009
    belgium
    it remembers me i hated multi effects pedals in the beginning , pedals and mostyl analog pedals were 'the thing '. Well never say never. But kemper is a thing on itself. You cant compare it to a line POD or something i can create a really cool brain setzerish tone off it in conjuction with my atomic brain offcourse ;). But my main reason was most amp sounds horrible when you turn them below 2 or just 2. I had the " TURN IT QUIET" thing going on with my gf XD .And kemper can sound good at low volumes.

EESmith likes this.
  16. Lionpotato

Lionpotato Gretschie

Oct 10, 2018
    Upland
    Listen to AC/DC Overdose. The beginning riff before the drums come in. Turn your stereo up loud....very loud. You can hear the harmonics being produced by the tubes. As he strums the chord the harmonics are changing above and below the notes. There are stacked harmonics above and below. Once the drums and bass come in you lose track of them to a point but they are still there. That harmonic 3D content is the magic of tube amps. I’m not sure that life of sonic sound is reproduced in any other environment. I’m not anti here but simply sharing thoughts. For us non-pros I can certainly see the practicality. We aren’t playing stadiums where you can engage that sonic magic at the needed volume level. But anytime you digitize sound you lose some fidelity. The issue is how much are you willing to compromise. Everything is give and take based on the practical application.

17. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

That is exactly what led me to the Headrush. Never expected to like it like I do. I’ve had the pro Helix and several other products......Headrush is the only one that does what they are supposed to do imo: sound good, and is EASY to use and adjust on the fly in a live environment. I actually own two Headrush pedalboards now.

Crooner likes this.
  18. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    True, but any reproduction of sound loses fidelity, whether a analog or digital. The question is what value is that loss in fidelity. Supposedly setzer uses a long cable for the purpose of losing fidelity. No process is 100% efficient.

And what is fidelity in the context of an electric guitar. It is my nature artificial. Is a single coil more faithful than double, how about hollow bs solid body? Fender vs vox?

Is there an ideal sound with 100% fidelity? Only one?

It's not like we can walk out into the wilds to find out what an electric guitar "really" sounds like.

19. Funky54

Funky54 Gretschie

Aug 12, 2010
    Florida
    I say we replace all the singers with an Alexia Echo from Amazon. We just need to do some song arrangement around “It is 4:00 on September 21st” or “I don’t have an answer for that” perfect love song right there...

So I use my guitar app to strum, my pedal app to tone shape and my amp app to make noise, call it into the venue and they mic their speakerphone. Alexia sings the songs. Pretty straightforward. And “The audience can’t tell the difference” .

I love my new 1959 6120 flame top app... it’s so realistic. I wonder if anyone is relic’ing the 59 6120 app yet? Hmmm, should I? I wonder if relicing will hurt my app resale?

20. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    The wilds Henry? !!! I have been in the wilds and can tell you it is not the sound I go for, many times wandering the wilds the roars were so intense I had to fight my way out. I hate GC on a Saturday!
    Hahahahaha

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Henry likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice