Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Any hockey fans out there? Playoffs are close!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Jonbass, Apr 4, 2017.

1. bluenote23

bluenote23 Country Gent

Oct 17, 2009
    Montreal, Canada
    Les Canadiens. Though I don't think our chances of winning are so good. Then again, last time we won, our chances didn't seem to be so good either.

Playoffs are such a crap shoot. Hot streaks, injuries, you can never tell what's going to happen so you can only hope for some excitement to compensate for the misery.

Joe90, tartanphantom and ishtar like this.
  2. GoLeafsGo

GoLeafsGo Gretschie

May 1, 2014
    Whitby Ontario
    Feels like it has been that many years since the Leafs made the playoffs.....

3. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    And THAT is what makes the Stanley cup race so enjoyable. ANYTHING can happen, and ANYBODY from the field of 16 could win it.. depending on the breaks. I always watch the NHL playoffs no matter if my teams are in the hunt or not... it's the most exciting competitive level of professional team sport championships out there IMHO.

Joe90 likes this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Axeman

Axeman Gretschie

Apr 25, 2014
    Ottawa
    Coyotes fan...its been a rough year:(

6. tartanphantom

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Unfortunately for the 'Yotes, the end is not in sight either... they're going to have to make some incredible draft choices and trades to dig out from under... I hope they don't try to move the team.

Axeman likes this.
  7. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Friend of Fred

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I was in Nashville for the Bachman/Gretsch exhibit at the Country Music HOF and went to a Preds game. As a Minnesotan I was impressed by the Nashville fans' knowledge about hockey and support for their home six.

Ho

8. Jonbass

Jonbass Gretschie

Oct 10, 2016
    Yukon
    I was in Nashville for Resosummit a couple of years back. The day I arrived the was a Colts vs. Titans game that I missed because of other activities and the night I went to the Opry the was a Preds/Blackhawks game across the street. I really needed waaaay more time in that city.

9. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Country Gent

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    When we lived in Concord, MA ('71-'73), Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito were household names.

The Silvermine River would freeze over in the winter, and we would play hockey, when we lived at the north end of Wilton, CT ('73-'77).

[​IMG]

That rock hasn't moved an inch in decades.

10. Joe90

Joe90 Synchromatic

Jul 6, 2014
    Canada
    This was the basis for the eulogy I wrote for my father. I stated that according to our faith tradition life is like playing in the NHL: you can have a really crappy season and be at the tail end going into the playoffs, but if you turn yourself around you can hoist the Cup at the end.

I have 2 horses in this race:

[​IMG] ..... [​IMG]

tartanphantom and Jonbass like this.
  11. Jonbass

Jonbass Gretschie

Oct 10, 2016
    Yukon
    Ok I'm getting worked up. I'm noodling on my guitar watching the hockey game and I almost dropped it because I jumped up. Go Oilers!!! Overtime!

12. Jonbass

Jonbass Gretschie

Oct 10, 2016
    Yukon
    ....well that didn't go well.

13. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    You need one of these.

[​IMG]

Jonbass likes this.
  14. bluenote23

bluenote23 Country Gent

Oct 17, 2009
    Montreal, Canada
    Not so good for us either! Wait till game 2...

15. Jonbass

Jonbass Gretschie

Oct 10, 2016
    Yukon
    The New York - Montreal game was really fun to watch though. Fast.

16. bluenote23

bluenote23 Country Gent

Oct 17, 2009
    Montreal, Canada
    Painful and frustrating if you were a Montreal fan! But NY coach Vigneault really did his homework and shut the boys down for the most part. Hopefully there is a plan B...

17. tartanphantom

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Well, my Bruins got their first blood last night, tonight my Predators face the 'Hawks... not real optimistic here, but still hoping for a win.

18. Wozob

Wozob Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    The Netherlands
    I thought this thread was about real hockey...
    Ellen-Hoog-KNHB-WV.jpg

englishman and Jonbass like this.
  19. Jonbass

Jonbass Gretschie

Oct 10, 2016
    Yukon
    The Edmonton sports station has a segment called "Filthy Bruce". It is just Bruce Boudreau press conferences with the swearing beeped out. Haha!

20. Jonbass

Jonbass Gretschie

Oct 10, 2016
    Yukon
    Nashville is doing great. They are really going to mess things up for me in my hockey pool. I went all in on Chicago and Washington players. I figured both those teams would make the finals... both of them are not looking so hot.