Any GP Fans?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by drmilktruck, Nov 25, 2019.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    You should start with the five albums Parker made with the Rumour in the 70s- Howling Wind, Heat Treatment, Stick to Me, Squeezing Out Sparks and The Up Escalator. These rank with any quintet of albums produced by any artist and SOS is one of the best albums ever full stop. The band reunited after being featured in the GP fan Judd Apatow movie, This is Forty, and recorded two more solid albums Three Chords Good and Mystery Glue in the 10s.

He's been very prolific, producing 25 studio albums - all have their moments and many are very good, overall very consistent. He's also done a bunch of live albums, some solo acoustic, others with the Rumour, his later bands and one with the band the Figgs. His most recent album is a solo acoustic version of Squeezing in honor of the 40th anniversary.

Dig in, you'll enjoy!

ishtar likes this.
  2. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Inside GP joke - I'm carp fishing on Valium. :D

ishtar and Ricochet like this.
  3. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    When I saw him for the first time, in 1982, he opened the show with that.

ishtar likes this.
  4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    He's coming to the Twin Cities in April. Grabbed my ticket!

ishtar and audept like this.
  5. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Well, I listened to some of these and can say I'm not a fan. All of it seems just too whiney to me.

ishtar likes this.
  6. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    thanks for listening.

ishtar and Bertotti like this.
  7. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I see a lot of music here I have never heard of. I have to listen, can't learn about it if you don't but sadly it isn't always something I like. I know I have posted some up people really didn't care for as well that's life right? But we have to give it an honest shot or we fail ourselves and those who are sharing. Funny thing is my family asks me why I listen to a certain song and my reply was it puts me in a good mood. I will throw it up later in a new thread and a fair few won't care for it. Sill little tune I find very upbeat and optimistic. Thanks for sharing Doc!

ishtar and drmilktruck like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice