Another NGD, on its way.

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by Crooner, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    UPDATE:
    So I did write him and waited. And waited. Finally, I took a risk and e-mailed the owner of the place he bought it from and explained the whole situation. I made it clear that I was in no way inferring that one of his employees had over-stepped her boundaries, but rather the seller was waivering.

He wrote back within 30 minutes explaining that what the seller had told me was not true and that they had never offered to take the guitar in for consignment. Rather, he had called them about a Martin and asked what he could get for his Maton. All they did was give him a ballpark and that was it. The owner's view was that I was the rightful new owner of the guitar and that the seller should honor the sale.
    Phew. Good to now I was on the right side of things.

I re-wrote to the seller expressing my views and told him he needed to get in touch immediately. I was prepared to ask for my money back, but within the hour he got in touch and told me he's going to honor the sale and ship the guitar to me tomorrow. I asked him to send me tracking info, and if I don't get it tomorrow, I'll be all over him until the guitar gets here.

Never a dull moment.

blueruins, Mr Swisher and Henry like this.
  2. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Good for you, just means that guitar is gonna be really fabulous.

3. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Well it looks great. Hoping all goes smoothly from here out. I was unfamiliar with the brand until @TSims1 thread on getting one. Obviously they are awesome, saw Tommy Emanuel mentioned in that thread too, and talk of their great pickup system. Best of luck, looking forward to hearing good news!

4. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    The Maton arrived today! First thing I did was clean her up, oil the fretboard, lib the nut, salon some Martin Flexible Core 11's and tune 'er up. Wow! This guitar sounds great. The Blackwood back and sides have a midrange similar to mahogany so it's gotta nice punchy tone. The neck feels more like a Tele than a Martin, which while is different for me, is very comfy.
    I knew I loved this guitar right away... then I plugged into my AER Compact 60/3.

Oh my goodness! Hands down, the best plugged in acoustic sound I've ever played. Just ridiculous. Full, warm, woody, bell-like, name your positive cliche. And with a sound hole cover, zero feedback. I can't wait to gig with this guitar.

blueruins, Merc, Mr Swisher and 2 others like this.
  5. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Congrats. Glad it ended in a positive note. I was steaming halfway through your story LOL.

blueruins likes this.
  6. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Aye,glad to see it worked out good ,a bit stressful there for a mo ,D!

7. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Glad you got it Darin!

8. fender62custom

fender62custom Gretschified

Mar 3, 2012
    Helidon, Australia
  9. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    Mills River NC
    Congrats on the new Maton and the end of the saga.

10. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Awesome. Is the sound hole cover after market?

11. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    No. It's made by Maton as the sound hole is not a standard size. Got it from Artisan Guitars in Nashville. They are THE Maton dealer in the US. The owner is one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to deal with. If any members live nearby, I highly recommend stopping by. Bring your wallet!

If you do need an acoustic sound hole cover for a guitar that doesn't have a standard size hole, I can give you the contact info for a guy that makes custom covers to your exact specs. Lemme know. I'd post it now, but I don't have it in front if me but can find it.

Henry likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice