Another newbie from France

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by Yann G, May 14, 2019.

1. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I occasionally travel from Sydney Australia to Marcoussis on the south side of Paris for training in advanced concert sound system design and deployment. My new contact at L-Acoustics there is Yann-Gael Gicquel, who I have not met in person yet. It's only a coincidence, but I thought there was a possibility you could be him. (A lot of people that work there are musicians as well as speaker design engineers) So often it is a small world.......:cool:

2. DannyB

DannyB Electromatic

Apr 26, 2019
    Michigan
    Thanks, I hope my French grammar is okay. I also studied Spanish and sometimes confuse the two languages!

3. Yann G

Yann G Electromatic

May 12, 2019
    europe
    Spanish and French are indeed very similar, there were a couple of mistakes but it was okay :) this forum is very friendly towards newbies, I'm glad I joined :)

DannyB likes this.
  4. Yann G

Yann G Electromatic

May 12, 2019
    europe
    Sorry to disappoint, I'm not Yann-Gaël!

audept likes this.
  5. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Gretschie

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    25A86E78-051A-4165-A065-667E9E785CE5.jpeg Welcome Yann! We were in Paris last April, and found this tavern. It is The Guinness Tavern, on rue des Lombards, near Les Halles. Do you know it? It was the drum that I noticed first!

6. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Welcome!
    Tennies rule!
    Here is mine:
    IMG_2646.JPG

Yann G likes this.
  7. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Gretschie

Nov 11, 2018
    Paris, north down Montmartre hill
    Bonjour et bienvenue, compatriote.
    Great guitar you have.

8. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome to GT Yann!

Lovely Tenny sir,i'd like to add a 62 HT to my herd someday.

9. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Gretschie

Nov 11, 2018
    Paris, north down Montmartre hill
    Here Marcoussis is mainly known as the training centre of our national rugby team. You know it, the one that failed in World Cup finals several times (including vs Australia back in 1999 after defeating Jonah Lomu's New Zealand in semi-final) and still never made it to be the World champ.
    I didn't know they also have musical events there.

10. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Not musical events but it is the home of L-Acoustics manufacturing and design facilities. L-Acoustics makes some of the world's most advanced phase coherent speaker systems for large concert touring and installation systems. They hold patents on several designs of speaker components and computer software for modeling room acoustics. The owner and main designer is by trade an elementary particle physicist and mathematician and has won many awards for his work.

11. Yann G

Yann G Electromatic

May 12, 2019
    europe
    It's the street where all the jazz clubs are :) I've probably passed by a coupla times but these days I try to avoid Paris as much as possible.

12. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Gretschie

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Things have been pretty rough in Paris recently. But let’s trade houses. You can come live in Portland, Oregon, in our house for a year, and we’ll stay in your house. We love France!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice