And... no NGD for me

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by Winterwind, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Winterwind

Winterwind Gretschie

Dec 17, 2018
    London, Ontario
    I'm a sad panda.

One of the the things I'd ordered that I mentioned in my NSD guessing thread was a Danelectro 59 Vintage in Aqua. Today manager at L&M got back to me saying that they can't get them.

[​IMG]

D'Addario is the Canadian distributor for Danelectros and for whatever reason they only get Black or Red with the S-hole or the cherry burst with an F-hole and those they apparently can't get until April at the earliest.

The good news is my replacement G5420T arrived and I picked that up today but the Dano news killed that buzz. Interestingly the Ma & Pa shop I dealt with told me the same, they tried getting an Aqua 12str for a customer a year or so back and were told nope, not happening.

I actually looked at D'Addario's dealer catalogue and they even show the Aqua model available. Wankers.

There's a non-hollow body black Dano 12 in stock with those "found" 20 year old NOS lipstick pickups but...

[​IMG]

When you had your heart set on a hollow body Aqua a black solid body just isn't the same. :(

Ironically, the Keeley Compressor Plus pedal I'd ordered to go with the Dano 12 came in. Sigh.

2. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Gretschie

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
  3. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    The black one is still hollow if that helps.

4. Winterwind

Winterwind Gretschie

Dec 17, 2018
    London, Ontario
    D'Addario just won't bring the Aqua ones into Canada for some reason. They just say they can't get them. I've known the L&M manager for years and he was shocked when the D'Addario rep said that. I tweeted at Danelectro's official account earlier. Might send them an email too.

@wildeman Do you know if the bridge is 12 saddle? Apparently some Danos 12s have a 12 saddle bridge and some are only 6. Unfortunately Danelectro's site leave much to be desired re: specs. My manager friend is waiting to hear back from a store that has it in stock to confirm.

5. new6659

new6659 Gretschie

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    Maybe the aqua one is made with radioactive uranium paint?

Alberta_Slim, Merc and Winterwind like this.
  6. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

7. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I bet a Broadway Jade penguin would look good on you. Just saying!

8. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    The one in the pic has the 12 saddle Dano bridge.

9. BuddieGreen

BuddieGreen Gretschie

Sep 3, 2018
    usa
  10. Winterwind

Winterwind Gretschie

Dec 17, 2018
    London, Ontario
    @Bertotti I know. I want one but can't afford it presently. And it's not a 12-string. Mmmm that'd be one hell of a custom shop job though... When I win the lottery.

@wildeman That's what I thought but I've come across a few black Danos that said 6 saddle and google isn't always helpful.

@BuddieGreen Weird as it may seem I've never purchased an instrument online. Sooner or later I may but I've always preferred to deal with a brick and mortar store. It's an option though.

Bertotti likes this.
  11. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Gretschie

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    The one on Reverb is brand new. That is a good option.

12. Alberta_Slim

Alberta_Slim Gretschie

May 18, 2018
    Ontario
    Sorry to hear this man, hope you can work it out, marbe via Reverb as suggested.

13. Winterwind

Winterwind Gretschie

Dec 17, 2018
    London, Ontario
    Hehehe actually now my mind is becoming accustomed to the idea of the black one. :)

Alberta_Slim likes this.
  14. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

If you can't get one shipped to you, you're not all that far from the USA. Just sayin'.

15. Winterwind

Winterwind Gretschie

Dec 17, 2018
    London, Ontario
    Well, Danelectro didn't even reply to my tweet or my email so... just going with basic black. L&M has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and if I don't like her back she goes and I'll save up for the Gretsch.

In fact I kind of really like the Gretsch Electromatic in Walnut but that's $1300.00 CDN and the Dano in black is $620.00.

We shall see this weekend.