An unexpected NGD!

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by Flouswa, May 23, 2019.

1. Beardog

Beardog Synchromatic

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    That is beautiful, congrats on the new guitar!

Flouswa likes this.
  2. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida

Everyone has there own opinion. I love the figuring in quilted maple. It comes from trees like this.

65D306D2-864F-48AF-9010-124FB9B025F5.png

Flouswa likes this.
  3. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats Flouswa!

Flouswa likes this.
  4. tdtom

tdtom Gretschie

Oct 26, 2018
    new zealand
    Flo! as a fellow Tak player, I must say that you scored. love that neck binding.
    you can show off the back by being a bit comedic with your audience: have a second guitar in a stand. take off this gorgeous one and inadvertently, let the crowd see it while you go over to get the other guitar. then turn to the crowd and say something like... Ahh, think I'll just keep playing this one. it would be a bit of a tease but you do proclaim yourself to be Sassy and a bit smartassy. plus the Tak is Way classy.
    speaking of guitar backs. ever hear of an Aussie guy called Kevin Bloody Wilson? he did a tour of NZ with a woman he claimed was his daughter "Geni" ... Geni-talia. she had boobs painted on the back of her guitar.
    Congrats Flouswa

Flouswa likes this.
  5. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Lovely guitar, I really like the back as well! Congrats, Flo.

Flouswa likes this.
  6. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Love the back too . Looks like the back of my HD-35 Martin , just gives it a classy look . Congrats Flo , well deserved and enjoy

Flouswa likes this.
  7. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    Beautiful guitar and a good investment !

Flouswa likes this.
  8. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    That is really beautiful, Flo!
    As a fellow Tak fan and owner...I know that thing plays and sounds glorious...

Big Congrats!!

Flouswa likes this.
  9. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

Thanks guys!

thunder58 likes this.
  10. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

That's really interesting! Thanks!

Merc likes this.
  11. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

I didn't know you were a Tak player too, thanks! Can't say that I've ever heard of Kevin Bloody Wilson and his friend, will have to look that up LOL!

tdtom likes this.
  12. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

Thanks Larry! I knew you would appreciate it for sure. I'm still kind of in shock that I even have it LOL!

larryb likes this.
  13. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

That is a beauty, especially the back. Love the contrast with the different woods, and the quilting on the Maple is stunning (I'd be tempted to sometimes put it in a stand backwards). Congrats!

But wait... we have to improve our skills to earn another/better guitars? Crap, I've gotta get busy returning a whole lotta guitars! :D

Flouswa likes this.
  14. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

The putting it in the stand backwards crossed my mind!

T Bone likes this.
  15. tdtom

tdtom Gretschie

Oct 26, 2018
    new zealand

yes, Tak player and Gin Blossoms fan. LOL. I've had my G (straight acoustic) for over 12 years. only one quirk that still bugs me... 12th fret marker on the side of the neck has only 1 dot. two on the fretboard. but I love the way it plays. neck is so much different to the 2655. I just know you will enjoy using this. Cheers!

Flouswa likes this.
  16. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Gorgeous! My bandmate is a huge Tak fan - he has 6 or more. Several are the annual unique ones with creative inlays, etc. True works of wood art.

Flouswa likes this.
  17. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

Oh wow, those annual ones are something else, the thought and craftsmanship that goes into those is simply amazing. I just saw the photos of the 2019 model, it's pretty cool. That would be quite the collection!!!

18. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

Are you a Biffy Clyro fan too? Simon Neil is a Tak player as well! That's weird about the 12 fret, I wonder if they are all that way for that model?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice