Amp heads for acoustic?

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Seamus, Feb 7, 2019.

1. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Isn't what? It's got a mike input. It's a PA of sorts. Granted, Mesa does make some fine electronic gear, but, it's still an amp made to work with acoustic instruments---voice and acoustic guitar.

2. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Gretschie

Jun 2, 2008
    Fort Collins, CO
    A good preamp pedal like a Baggs, Fishman or the like with a small powered monitor like a QSC with an 8 or 10" speaker and a reverb pedal would get you there.

I have a four space rack with a preamp, effects unit, tuner and mixer that sounds great into an RCF powered speaker. It's a lot of stuff to haul around though.

swivel likes this.
  3. Seamus

Seamus Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2011
    New England
    I appreciate all the input. And in fact was going to pull the trigger on a Roland AC60. Then I tried a Hail Mary -- just for grins, I unsoldered the leads to the speaker in my Ashdown amp and tried a different speaker. It came to life! There's only one component that could possibly be to blame: the crossover in the speaker assembly (it has tweeters) is a single capacitor. And sure enough, it smelled burnt. I have a new cap on the way. Sure beats the price of a new amp!

RomanS, Bertotti and wabash slim like this.
  4. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Gotta love a cheap and simple fix!

5. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    There you go! Excellent!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice